[chapter 15]

((some stuff is gonna be changed like in the last chapter bc i struggle))

Midnight gave everyone fifteen minutes to sort their teams out, but you and Midoriya were obviously quarantined. Everyone was mostly teaming up with those from their own classes, save for you and your green-haired companion, of course. Midoriya was still trying to get people to be on his team- you figured you'd sit this one out and wait until there was only a few other people left, so you could force them to be on your team. Uraraka suddenly agreed to be on a team with him, causing him to burst into another fit of tears.

"[M/n], you wanna team up with us?" She asked. Your glanced over and shook your head.

"If I did, your team would have over twenty million points. It'd be like walking around with a sign on your back that says 'kill me'." You explained. Uraraka and Midoriya hummed and nodded, agreeing to let you be on your own for this battle, and left to build up their own team. You stood in the centre of the stadium, watching as people stared you down like a piece of meat. You felt wonderfully vulnerable.

"Hey, [M/n]!!" An excited voice suddenly called out to you. You turned to see Kirishima running towards you, and your heart swelled with happiness.

"Kirishima-san," you greeted back, seeing a large grin spread across his face.

"Wanna be on Bakugou's team?" He asked, gesturing behind him to the angry blond in question, who started yelling at him. ((lets just say that sero is on minetas team or smth??))

"Oi, shitty hair! Don't invite people without asking! Like hell I'd risk having someone with that many points on my team!!"

"But Bakugouuuu!" Kirishima whined, Mina deciding to join in trying to persuade him.

"He'll be all on his own if we don't take him!" She grabbed your shoulders and pushed you forward slightly, as though she was presenting you to him. Bakugou glared at you accusingly, debating in his head as to whether or not being a nice person would work out in his favour. Sure, there was a reason you had a million points tied to your name- you had an incredibly powerful quirk.

'Then again...' He thought to himself, still observing you intensely. It made you want to sink into the ground to get away from his glare. 'Isn't he pretty useless if there's no robots or whatever around?' His eyes narrowed as he tried to think back to all the properties of your quirk. 'No, I remember what he did to those assholes giving him a hard time a few weeks ago. He looked pretty tired afterwards, though. Whatever, it packed a punch and I need one more person.'

"Fine," Bakugou spat out, earning cheers from Kirishima and Mina as they guided you over to him. "But I'm the rider, sparky." Sparky? Was that a nickname? A slight feeling of joy bubbled up in your chest as you nodded- you'd never had a nickname before. Did this mean you were friends? Did you have to give him a nickname too? "And I want you to use that green stuff whenever I tell you to." You paused, before nodding slowly.

"You mean the bolts of energy?"

"I don't care. It's nearly been fifteen minutes, pick me up."

Sure enough, Midnight returned and signalled the start of the match. Bakugou immediately requested for you all to run full speed towards Midoriya- you felt pretty bad for him, but he had an interesting team, you were sure he'd be fine. Everyone attacked him, a few people lost their headbands, you weren't really paying attention. You simply clocked in whenever Bakugou said-

"[M/n]!!" The familiar roar sounded, and you looked up to see Bakugou flying away from your team after a failed attack on Midoriya. You gathered a small ball of energy and extended it outwards to form a sort of whip, wrapping it around his leg and pulling him down.