[chapter 17]

//YO IM BACK HOW U GUYS DOING

sorry for the hiatus lol i finished school like a week ago n theres been a lot of stuff going on (not bad stuff rly just having to sort out things w/ my college and going out w/ old friends yknow),

idk how frequent updates are gonna be from now on but ill try n make it once a week or so like i used to ^^ thanks for putting up w/ me dudes haha

also appreciate this shit meme i made a few months ago

also also WHEN THE HELL DID THIS GET LIKE 11k READS?????? U LOT ARE GEMS TYSM//

The remaining battles of the first round were a lot more entertaining that your fistfight with Shinsou, to say the least. Kaminari had eventually won against Mina, which meant that you'd be going against him next. You almost felt it was unfair; his attacks were practically useless against you, considering you could just absorb whatever he shot out. At least it'd be an easy win. Other than that, most of the battles went on without a hitch, save for Tetsutetsu's and Kirishima's. They essentially had the same quirk, but you were confident in Kirishima's abilities.

You ended up leaving the stadium during Uraraka and Bakugou's match. It got to the point where you were becoming antsy in your seat and felt like you needed to be doing something to prepare for your match, even if your victory was guaranteed. You made your way to the prep room and decided to start sketching up a chart of possible outcomes for the battles.

It was already confirmed that the pairs for round two were going to be: [M/n] vs Kaminari, Tokoyami vs Iida, Todoroki vs Midoriya, and (possibly) Kirishima vs Bakugou, assuming Kirishima pulled through against Tetsu like you planned and Bakugou won against Uraraka, which was more than likely. You would win against Kaminari easily, which put you through to round three. Iida was powerful, of course, but Tokoyami's quirk seemed more formidable. If he went through to round three, your next battle would be against him. You weren't even sure what Midoriya's quirk was, but you took a leap of faith and guessed it wasn't as powerful as Todoroki's and put him into round three. Bakugou was like a fucking juggernaut when it came to fights, so he'd undoubtedly win against Kirishima, no matter how hard he tried. So, if you were correct with your assumptions, round three would be you vs Tokoyami and Todoroki vs Bakugou.

All three of the competitors in your hypothetical round three were... Powerful. Way more powerful than you. Fighting any of them didn't sit well with you. You might be able to handle Tokoyami if your energy blasts contained enough light, and he seemed like the most empathetic out of the trio, which was saying something. Ordinarily, you'd pick a fight against Todoroki over any of the others, as he seemed to act more like a mentor than anything else. However, he seemed weirdly different during the sports festival. Completely void of remorse- he was determined to win, and you knew he'd beat you into the ground to do it. Bakugou was just a no in general.

Assuming you won against Tokoyami, which you were sceptical about, you didn't stand a chance against Todoroki or Bakugou. If everything went according to plan, you'd get 2nd or 3rd place, depending on how well you fought off Tokoyami.

The door to the prep room suddenly swung open and you were pulled away from your thoughts, looking up to meet the eyes of Midoriya with a pencil between your teeth. You both held eye contact for a moment, until you realised you should be saying something.

"Hey," you mumbled, words slurred by the pencil in your mouth. Midoriya smiled sheepishly and returned the greeting, glancing down to the sheet of paper covered in notes you were resting on.

"What's that?" He asked, moving to the other side of the table and sitting down opposite you. You turned the sheet around so he could take a look.