Chapter 2

CJ and I found a new high school called Da Vinci High School. It's meant for the creative arts of music, dance, and the like. I'm going there once my current year is over. For now, I'm being homeschooled.

Author's Note: Baby Kaely is actually homeschooled in real life and doesn't go to an actual school. But for this story, she's going to school.

My mom yelled at CJ for not punishing me for what I did to Lizzy. But he explained simply why he didn't, and she gave him and I a free pass.

Then, Friday rolled along. Today was the day I went over to the studio to record a new song or watch other people record theirs. Going to the studio makes me less stressed or worried. Especially right now. Once CJ and I pull up to the studio, I got out of the car and ran in. "Dang, Kaely," laughed CJ. "You must be desperate to go to the studio today." I looked back and smirked. "I'm desperate for stress relief," I said. Once we got in, I immediately spotted Danielle waiting for me by the door to a recording room. "Where's Brooklyn?" I asked. "Shh," she whispered as she put her finger to her lips. "Brooklyn's recording her new song." "Cool," I whispered. "What's it called?" "According to her, it's called 'No Gimmicks'," whispered Danielle. "I hear she's doing really good. Come inside." She quietly goes inside with me trailing behind her. I see Brooklyn through the big glass window rapping fiercely into the microphone. She takes rap very seriously. Like me. And Danielle, of course. We all have stage names, too. Mine is Baby Kaely. Danielle's is Bhad Bhabie. Brooklyn's is Brooklyn Queen. Brooklyn comes out of the room gasping and chugging down water. "Next time, I'll rap at a regular volume," she panted. "Hey, Kaely." I waved. "So how 'bout you?" Danielle asked. "What?" I asked. "Do you have a new song you'd like to record?" she asked. "Not currently," I replied. "But I'm working on one." Danielle pulled on her ponytail. "I'm working on a song," she said. "It's called 'Gucci Flip Flops' and Lil Yatchy's going to do it with me." "Lucky," Brooklyn pouted as she hit the sides of her legs. We talked for a long time before it was time for me to go home.

As soon as I got into bed, I got a text. It was my "friend" Brec. Did I mention that it was mostly her fault I got expelled. Me and Brec had been best friends for a long time. That was until the beginning of freshman year when she totally ditched me for Lizzy. She had told her that I'm a rapper, and there's the reason why Lizzy beat me up. I tap the notification. I hope she has a good exclamation.

BREC: Srry :(

KAELY: >:( That's it?!?!

BREC: Lizzy was going to unfriend me if I didn't tell her about you!

KAELY: 😒

KAELY: no she wasn't

BREC: 😣 Your right

KAELY: *You're

BREC: shut up

I did what she said and stopped texting. Maybe she was going to stop or say something like "wait that was a joke please come back". She's definitely going to say that. I wonder what the other girls at my school are going to be like. Maybe taller than me, and way mature. My phone buzzed.

BREC: wait that was a joke please come back

KAELY: called it.