Chapter 3

I was riding in CJ's car on my way to school wondering why he decided to put on freaking K-Pop on our way to school, mostly BTS. He said that it "actually helps you learn a new language". I understand is Korean, but even if I liked K-Pop and memorized the lyrics, I still wouldn't understand a single word they're saying. I looked out my window to see a bunch of students walking and talking in front of the school. "Wait," CJ called out. "Can we just take a super fly pic for your first day?" I sighed as CJ grabbed out his camera and I struck a pose.

Then CJ handed me my backpack and I started heading towards the building

Then CJ handed me my backpack and I started heading towards the building. A few girls stared at me in amazement, a few boys whistled at me, and I swear I heard someone call me a slut. As I headed to my locker, I started decorating it with stickers and pictures of my favorite rappers since I had a lot of time until my class started. Once the bell rang, I looked at my schedule to see that I had English for first period. Once I got there, I had no idea where to sit. The only available seat was next to this girl with brown short hair. So I decided to sit next to her. "Hi," she greeted. "You're new, right? I'm Annie." "Kaely," I replied. Then she looked down at my shoes. "Cool shoes," she said. "Where'd you get those?" "Online," I said. "Oh cool," replied Annie. She looked over at a girl with longer brown hair and freckles. "Oh my God! Dylan!" Annie screamed excitedly as she waved her over. "Is it okay if she sits here?" she asked me. "She's my best friend!" "Oh...ok," I said slowly. "Thank you so much," she said. "You are so nice." As her and Dylan squealed, I walked to the next available seat. If I'm so nice, why didn't she want to sit with me? I sat in the nearest blank seat. As class started, the teacher told a girl named JoJo to take a pile of textbooks and pass them back. The teacher was talking to us about class expectations and how we get a test every week and before I knew it, class was over. As I went to a few other classes, I've learned a few things that I forgot. Textbooks are heavy, classrooms are cold, and 12:30 is a ridiculous amount of time to wait for lunch. Once lunch arrived, there were so many people, I had no idea where to sit. So I just sat alone at one table and ate.

When school was over, I saw CJ's car in the pick up lane as I propped the side door open where there were grocery bags. "How was your first day of sophomore year?" he asked. "Decent," I replied as I dug through the bags. "Did you get any chips?" As I grabbed a bag of Lay's, I popped in the passenger seat and we were on our way home.