13 | scene of the crime

Diana had been leaning against the wall of Bruce's dining room for quite some time while she thought about her situation, pondering every single possibility. The people he had lied to were billionaires, they could find her wherever she went, and she knew they would. These were people not only with the ambition to do so, but the means, too. She pushed herself up, and grabbed her black coat off one of the chairs, the light velvet material feeling all too heavy in her hands. 

"There is only one solution- we must go to them, and stop your mistakes from spreading," She muttered, tapping him on the shoulder. 

"Now?" He frowned. 

"Better now, before the rumours have a chance to spread," She sighed, opening the door. 

They made their way outside, Bruce scoffing, "Diana. You don't exactly wear a disguise when you fight- what if they recognise you?" 

"Then we shall hope that they don't. Bruce, we need to stop whatever you had started last night. Those people have probably already told more people what you told them, and they in turn have probably told even more. We should put a stop to this before it infects my life, and yours too." 

He conceded, making his way back over to one of his cars, that his driver was already in. "Let's go then." 

And there he found himself, on his way back to Stark Tower for the second time that day, this time with Diana. When the car stopped, he opened the door for her. "I'm sorry," he told her genuinely. 

"Bruce, do me a favour and never get drunk again," She smiled slightly, before closing the car door behind her. "I'm considering having Alfred sign you up to Alcoholics Anonymous."

"I'll try," He muttered, the two of them walking side-by-side into the lobby of the tower, "Are you ready?" He asked, holding the door open for her. 

"I'm ready enough," Diana replied quietly, her stoic facade now back in place.