13. real life

After you read this chapter, can you please read my short authors note and answer my questions? Thanks in advance xx

[ Cloe's P.O.V ]

Today is the day that I'm leaving L.A. I'm kinda sad because I'm going to miss everyone so bad.

"Are you ready to go to the airport Chloe?" "Yes, I'm ready." I answer Any as I grab my suitcase and backpack

Most of us already left. Now it's time for me, Any, Lamar and Josh to leave.

"The taxi is here!" I hear Lamar yell. I help Any with her heavy suitcase as we walk down the stairs. "Jesus, did you bring your whole family in this suitcase?" I joke. Any starts laughing. "I just brought a lot of extra stuff. I have to be prepared when something bad happens."

Lamar jumps in the front seat of the taxi. Since I'm the smallest out of Any, Josh and I, I have to sit between them on the back seats.

"I'm going to miss you guys." Any says as she rest her head on my shoulder. "I'm going to miss y'all too!" I say. "Same over here. You really became my best friends in only three weeks." Josh says. "Luckily we'll see each other again in a month." Lamar says as he looks at us and smiles.

We had to drive two hours to the airport. Lamar was talking to the taxi chauffeur. Any and Josh both fell asleep with their heads against the windows. I felt tired so I also decided to try to sleep.

———

"Oh my god. This is so cute."
"Shhh... be quite you'll wake her up."
"I'm going to take a picture and send it to Claire. She's going to love this."
"No, no, no please no pictures."

I thought someone turned the lights on in my room as I realized I was in the taxi so there was no light to turn on. I slowly open my eyes.

"Lamar, your stupid flashlight woke her up." I hear Any say. "Sorry. I just had to make a picture. You guys are so cute." I let out a small yawn. Soon after that, I realized my head was resting on Josh his shoulder. Ohhh... now everything makes more sense I thought.

"Sorry." I say to Josh as I go sit up straight and take my head of his shoulder. "It's okay. It was cute." Josh says with the sweetest smile ever. "Claire is going to freak out if she sees this." Lamar says with a grin on his face while looking at his phone. "No please, don't send it to her. She already ships us. This is only going to make it worse." I say. "Oh sorry, too late. I already send it to her." I softly shake my head and roll my eyes.

———

"We are here." The taxi chauffeur says as he parks the car on the parking lot. We thank him and step out the car.

"Here." Josh says as he hands me my suitcase and backpack. "Thanks Joshy." I say with a grin. Josh rolls his eyes and let out a small laugh. He ones told me that he hates the nickname Joshy.

———

Josh and I both say goodbye to Any and Lamar. Because Josh and I our gates are next to each other we don't have to say goodbye yet.
"See you soon." Any says. I nod and give her one more big hug. "See you soon. Have a safe flight guys!" I wave at Lamar and Any who both walk away.

"We can still get something to drink if you want. Otherwise we're just waiting for our flights." Josh suggested. I nod. "Yes, that would be great." "Starbucks?" Josh asks. "You know I can't say no to that." We both laugh as we walk to the Starbucks.

After we both received our drinks, we find a place to sit. "So... how long have you been friends with Claire?" Josh asks. "Too long." I say. Josh starts laughing. "I'm just kidding. I've known her as long as I can remember. It's actually kinda funny because we met each other in Belgium. We became really good friends over there but after a year we kinda lost track. And two years later when we were both ten, we met each other again in Canada. Since that moment we never lost each others side."

"Wow, that's so cool. Real friendship."
"Yes it definitely is. She's the greatest friend you can ever imagine. She knows literally everything about me. Let's just say we know each other so good that we can communicate without words. I just have to look at her and she will know what I mean. Do you have a friend like Claire too?"

"I actually don't have a friend like that. I mean, I do have friends but just not like you and Claire. Like I told you before, I travel a lot for my dance classes and stuff. I think that's one of the main reasons I don't have a friend like that. Most of my really good friends also live in the USA... so yeah. I don't see them a lot."

"I understand. It's harder to build such a good connection with someone if you don't see them everyday." I say. Josh nods "Yes actually! I also have to confess that in these three weeks, you've been a better friend to me than most of the people are that I've known for a longer time than that I know you."

"Really?" "Yeah. Sad isn't it?" Josh his smile disappears. "Hey." I start. "One day, you'll find the special person. A person who will respect you as who you are. I was just lucky that I met Claire so early in my lifetime." "I don't know." He says. "I'll probably always stay traveling." "I'm sure that when you find that person. Distance doesn't matter." Josh looks at me and smiles. "Thank you." He says.

———

It's time for both of us to go to our own gates. "Text me if you're home so I know you're safe." Josh says. I nod. "You too." He spread his arms so I can give him a hug. "I'll miss you." I say. "I'll miss you too."

[ authors note ]
Do you guys like it to read more
'Real life' chapters? I really
do enjoy writing them!

Here a really long chapter
for you guys. I just had a lot
and when I say a lot, I mean A LOT
of inspiration ✨