31. real life

[ Chloe's P.O.V. ]

My eyes fluttered open as I laid in bed right next to Josh. I watched his chest rise and fall in a peaceful way. My hand rested on his chest and his arm laid loosely over me. I run my fingers through his soft, messy hair. I kiss him on the cheek and start to slide off the edge of the bed, my feet touch the floor and I feel a strong hand grab my arm. Josh groans sleepily, pulling me back into the bed.

"Don't leave. It's cold." He says as he pulls me close and gives me a tight hug. "Good morning to you too." I chuckle. Josh gives me a peck on my lips, still keeping me locked up in his arms. His eyes are still closed. "If you let me go I can make you breakfast."
"I don't care about breakfast." He says. "I have fruity pebbles." I say smirking. Josh hesitates a few seconds but lets me go eventually. "Please be quick." Josh begs as I leave my room.

"Good morning." Dylan and aunt Jessie say as I enter the kitchen. "Good morning." I say back. I walk straight to the refrigerator to get the milk.

"Aunt Jessie has amazing news." Dylan says cheery. I look at aunt Jessie questioning. "I spoke to your mom yesterday evening. After a long talk she finally agreed to go to the doctor with me." With big eyes I look at my aunt, not believing what she just said. "Really?" I ask her, just to be sure I didn't miss understood her. "Yes, really." Aunt Jessie says with a big smile on her face. I throw the milk on the kitchen counter as I pull her in a hug. We both laugh as Dylan joins the hug.

"When will you leave? Can I come with you?" I ask. "We have an appointment at three in the afternoon, so we'll probably leave at two. You can better stay home with Josh. He came all the way here to visit you. It's kinda sad if you guys are going to spend your time at a hospital. Plus Dylan is going with us and we'll make sure we'll contact you as soon as we know something important." I nod understandably.

———

It's a little past two afternoon. Josh and I are alone home. "Shall we watch a movie?" Josh asks. "Yes sure. I'll get some popcorn in the meantime you can choose a movie." I say and I hand my laptop to Josh.

As I come back upstairs, Josh looks at me with a grin. "What did you do?" I ask. "Nothing." He answers. He taps with his hand next to him on the bed telling me to come sit down. As I sit down on bed and look at the laptop screen I know why he was grinning. He had chosen the movie Insidious.

"No! I don't want to watch that! You know I can't watch horror movies." I say.
"Sad for you. You told me I could choose a movie so I did. We're going to watch this one." Before I can say anything else he starts the movie.

He wraps his arm around my shoulders as he pulls me closer to him. "You know that you can just ask me if you want to cuddle. You don't have to let me watch a horror movie." I say rolling my eyes. "Believe me. I know. I just want to see how you react during a movie like this."

———

The movie just ended. Let's say I haven't even seen half of it. I mostly had my eyes closed, my hand in front of my eyes or my face buried in Josh his shirt. Josh didn't see a lot of the movie either since he was looking and laughing at me the whole time.

After the movie ended and I finally got my normal heartbeat back, we decided to go to the supermarket to buy stuff for dinner. It obviously didn't stick to only buying things for dinner. We also ate some ice cream and some clothes.

"Okay, if you make the fruit salad, I'll do the rest." Josh nods if he stands on the other side of the kitchen island. I feel his eyes burning into my skin as I cook the spaghetti.

"Can you stop staring at me?"
"I'll stop if you stop being so freaking pretty." I roll my eyes, he gives me a playful wink. Damn that boy knows how to make me crazy.

A few minutes later I feel two strong arms wrap around my waist. Josh his chest is against my back as he rests his head on my left shoulder. He places a soft kiss on my collarbone.
"Josh, stop. If you want this food to be eatable, you need to let me concentrate." Josh let's out a deep breath. "I'll let you cook I you give me a kiss." I give him a quick peck on his lips and turn around, back to the food.

"What was that?" Josh asks. "That was your kiss."
"That wasn't what I meant. I meant a real kiss." "You know I love you but I really have to focus on the food." I say as I start cutting the mushrooms.

A moment of silence fills the room as I realized what I just said. This was the first time I told him that I loved him. "Oh my god." I say as I turn around and look Josh in his eyes. "I didn't-" "I love you too." Josh quickly says before he places his hands on my waist and crashes his lips on mine. The kiss is full of lust. His hands slowly travel up my body until their on my cheeks so he can pull my face even closer. Our hole bodies move in sync. I wrap my arms around his neck as I strangle my fingers through his hair.

After a little while Josh slowly breaks the contact between our lips. He still has his hands on my cheeks. He rests his forehead against mine. "I love you so much." Josh says. I kiss him again before I tell him I love him too.

[ authors note ]
I always get uncomfortable
while writing these fluffy
kissing scenes hahahaha
I don't hope I also make you
feel uncomfortable while reading
these kind of chapters