26. text message + video call + real life

(Just to make clear you guys know it, they're still in L.A in the chapter)

PRIVATE MESSAGE
JOSH & CHLOE
———

[ 01:36 am ]

Josh
heyy💗
see that you're still
online

Chloe
hii xx
yes i am
what's up?

Josh
nothing much
i just can't seem to fall
asleep

Chloe
me neither

Josh
too much on your mind?

Chloe
just my mom

Josh
want to tell me about it?

Chloe
dyl told her you're my boyfriend

Josh
how did she reacted?

Chloe
she didn't
and that's the point

sometimes i have
the feeling like she
doesn't even care
that she doesn't care about me
or my brother
she doesn't care about
anything

JOSH WANTS TO VIDEO CALL YOU

Talic = Josh
Regular = Chloe

"Tell me everything." Josh says.

"Like one time, I got in a fight at school. The girl who I was fighting with and I both got hurt pretty bad. Later that day the older brother of that girl came up to me and told me he was going to kill me if he had the chance. When I came home I started crying and told mom about everything.

And you know what she said?
She said nothing. She just stared me in the eyes and said nothing. Not even a single word.
She doesn't care about me anymore. And the worst thing is. I do still care about her, because I don't want to lose her too."

"Are you scared your dad will be disappointed in you when you stop taking care of your mom?"

"Yes. But not just that. My mom and dad had a special connection. It was almost like they were the same person. They always thought the same about stuff. They never got into a fight. They were just perfect.
I feel like, when I'll stop taking care of my mother. I'll lose him again."

There is a short moment of silence.

"You have a big bed right?"  Josh asks.

"Yes. Why?"

"I'm on my way. I won't let you sleep alone in a room if you're feeling like this."

"You don't have to."

"Yes I do. I care about you more than anything. And if you're feeling like this I'm going to stay with you until you feel better. I'm coming right now."

With those words, Josh ends the call.

———

[ Chloe's P.O.V. ]

"Hey." Josh says as he slowly opens the door. He takes a step inside and locks the door quietly. He's wearing his grey sweatpants and a casual white shirt.

"Thank you for doing this." I say as I hug him.

Josh smiles. "Don't thank me. It's okay."

"Now, go lay down in bed and close your eyes. It's late and you need your sleep. I'll turn down the lights." Josh walks to the light switch as I go lay underneath my blanket.

"Goodnight beautiful." Josh says as he lays next to me and kisses me on my forehead.

"Goodnight."

[ authors note ]
sorry if Chloe her
story is a little
overdramatic but
there just had to be
a little drama in this
book