Take To The Sky

(Part 1/2)

~ * ~ * ~ * ~

The day was sunny and warm. Birds chirped and the people of New York milled about in the park. There was a sense of calm in the air, which was new for New York. Alfred walked along happily, an acoustic guitar slung over his shoulder as he made his way through the park.

His million-watt smile plastered on his face as he greeted the people he passed with it. The nation took a deep breath of air and let it out, relishing in the sunshine.

It had been forever since he had had a day off, and the American decided to spend the day before the World Meeting in Central park, in an attempt to cheer people up.

He passed a man strumming a tune on his violin, a hat sitting before his feet as he plucked out a tune. Alfred rustled his hand in his pocket and pulled out a $10 bill, handing to the man with a wide smile. The man returned it, nodding to him in thanks and continuing to play.

Alfred nodded back and continued on, a skip in his step as he walked. He eventually reached his destination, a large fountain where people often tossed in pennies to make wishes.

He noticed some people and smiled, stepping up onto the edge of the fountain and slinging his guitar around so he could play it. He strummed a couple chords to make sure it was in tune, and seemed to catch the attention of some people already.

It must have looked strange— he wasn't dressed like he needed money, we wore his usual attire. He had a sunny disposition about him, which probably threw some of his people for a loop.

He smiled as a little girl who had begun watching him, winking at her and starting to play.

The chords were light an cheery, much like himself, and he smiled as he started to sing.

"Da da da da da da

da da da da da da..."

He laughed as the little girl started to dance. He tapped his foot as he continued.

"Shipwreck in a sea of faces

There's a dreamy world up there~

Dear friends in higher places

Carry me away from here

Travel light, let the sun eclipse you

'Cause your flight is about to leave

And there's more to this brave adventure

Than you'd ever believe"

He hopped down from the fountain and started to dance with the little girl, still strumming his guitar and singing.

"Birds-eye view, awake the stars 'cause they're all around you

Wide eyes will always brighten the blue

Chase your dreams, and remember me, sweet bravery

'Cause after all those wings will take you, up so high

So bid the forest floor goodbye as you race the wind

And take to the sky~"