American Schooling (Part 3)

~ * ~ * ~ * ~

It had been a few months since he had introduced his brother to his class, Alfred thought absently as he stood in the teacher's lounge, stirring his coffee.

Thank God they had a machine here...

The nation dropped the stick into the trash can and took a drink of the gift from above and closed his eyes in enjoyment.

He smiled brightly at the drink and turned to leave, only to find his brother standing in the doorway.

Now, this wasn't an unusual thing. Mattie often came to visit him and his class when he was in town or simply wanted to see them. The American was used to ti by now and always happy to see his twin.

"Hey bro!" he said, gesturing with his cup. "You here to spend the day with the best nation?" he asked with a cheeky grin.

Canada smiled at him and shook his head, rolling his eyes as he walked into the room. "Sure thing, I was actually here to remind you of the G-8 meeting that was rescheduled though."

America nodded absently, walking past him and down the hall. His twin followed, the pair making their way towards the choir room. "Okay, cool, I don't think I have anything coming up—" he said, opening the door to his classroom.

He walked in to see his class waiting around, milling about before class actually would start. They brightened when they saw him, and he nodded to them.

"Hey, guys! How's everyone's morning?" he asked.

There were the usual sounds of 'eh, it's alright' and 'i don't wanna be at school so not great's, but that was to be expected.

"Yo, wassup Maple leaf!" a boy said, nodding his head to Matt. The Canadian smiled and nodded back, some other students following the teen's example and saying hi to the man who sometimes visited them.

"Okay, so the awesomest teacher has a surprise for you guys. I may or may not have talked to the drama teacher and she maaaaaay have agreed to let us use the theatre for a couple weeks since they're on break," America said nonchalantly, taking a sip of his hot drink.

The reaction was instant.

Kids immediately began hooping and hollering, bouncing in their seats and high-fiving one another. Really, it looked like a room full of miniature Alfreds.

"Dude this is awesome! FINALLY, some room to perform and spread our legs!" one boy said, fist bumping his buddy.

"Hell yea! Ugh I can't wait for this week's performances."

Alfred chuckled at his kids, shaking his head as he finished his drink and tossed it. "Alright then you brats, lets head out!" he said happily.

He glanced at his brother, who he hadn't noticed had been talking on the phone. "Come on bro, don't you wanna see the kids' assignments?" he asked, tugging his brother along. "We're getting ready for REGIONALS!" he said, jumping into the air and fisting it.

"Alright, alright, I'm coming, Al-" the shorter nation said, slipping the phone he had forgotten to hang up in his pocket.

"Hell yea!" Alfred said, catching up to his students who were practically running down the hall. "Wait for me guys!" he called out, glancing back at Matthew before turning around the corner.

On the other side of the phone, still on in the nation's pocket, England, France, and the rest of the G-8 sat in confused silence.

"What the Hell?" Britain asked, his brow furrowed. "Matthew, Matthew you pick up this instant! You didn't hang up the phone and who is Alfred talking to!?" he griped, the phone on speaker and sitting before the nations.