Karaoke With Mexico

(1002 words)

 ~ * ~ * ~ * ~

In hindsight, maybe coming to a karaoke bar in the middle of London and getting hammered hadn't been the nations' BEST idea, but hey, at least they were having fun, right?

The World Summit was being held at England's place, and America had come up with the brilliant idea of going out on the town with everyone and kicking back.

They had rented the karaoke bar out for the night, so they hadn't had to bother with humans, but that didn't mean the more sober nation would let them live down anything embarrassing they did.

So far the night had consisted of The Nordics getting wasted on ale and singing renditions of Christmas songs (at Finland's request of course) while Sweden tried his best to act like he didn't know them.

Some of the Asian nations had managed to persuade the managers to let them play Vocaloid, something many of the other nations didn't understand but made Japan very happy.

Spain had gotten up and sung something from 'Road to El Dorado', which pleased the American to see someone else enjoyed his movies.

France and Canada had been giggling and trying to sing Weird Al's "Canadian Idiot" and glancing at America the entire time, while the nation in question laughed his ass off.

Even Arthur had managed to participate eventually, (after much coaxing from the rest of the FACE family) and had gotten up and snag something from Beauty and The Beast.

When it finally came to America's turn, the nation couldn't be more excited. He was only slightly buzzed and had been eagerly awaiting the chance that he could blow the other nations' minds with his vocal chops.

The nation got up and went to choose a song, flicking between the choices and frowning at the list they had. He glanced behind him and saw an acoustic guitar, brightening at the sight.

He looked at a manager and gestured to the instrument, the man nodding in permission. America fist pumped the air, smiling as he grabbed it and slung it around his shoulder.

The room around him started to quiet at the sight of him pulling out a stool and sitting down on it. "Sorry to lower the mood guys, but a song just came to mind." he said, plucking out a few chords on the guitar.

"This is a song I used to sing to Mex— to Rafael when he was younger...it was something for him to sing when I couldn't be there for him." he said, glancing towards the humans who ran the place then back at his fellow nations.

One in particular, the Nation of Mexico, brightened in his seat. He was smiling up at the American— their relationship had been stressed the past decade, but he knew the song his elder brother was speaking of by heart.

The American cleared his throat and winked at the black-haired younger brother/ southern neighbor and started playing slowly, the music filling the room as he sang.

"Remember me...

Though I have to say goodbye—

Remember me...

Don't let it make you cry..."

Alfred smiled as he sang, the sound of his guitar the only thing in the building.

"For even if I'm far away

I hold you in my heart~

I sing a secret song to you

Each night we are apart..."

He glanced at the southern nation, who was smiling at him with a wistful look in his eyes— he had sung this often.

"Remember me...

Though I have to travel far

Remember me

Each time you hear a sad guitar..."

Alfred had tried not to be like Arthur when it came to how often he saw his siblings, and he'd done well with Canada, but Mexico...

"Know that I'm with you

The only way that I can be

Until you're in my arms again

Remember me..."

He motioned with his head towards his youngest brother, the Hispanic nation standing up and clambering on stage with him.

Alfred shifted in his seat, smirking up at the darker nation. They sang together, their voices making a surprisingly warm harmony.

Que nuestra canción no deje de latir

Solo con tu amor yo puedo existir

recuérdame..."

They sang together, some nations surprised at Alfred's fluidity of Spanish— Spain simply sat back in his seat and smirked at the pair.

Alfred closed his eyes as he and the Mexican nation sang, playing gently.

"Si en tu mente vivo estoy

recuérdame...

Mis sueños yo te doy

Te llevo en mi corazon~

Y te acompañaré

Unidos en nuestra canción

Contigo ahi estaré..."

America's eyes felt wet, but he refused to let tears fall from his eyes. He continued to sing, feeling the shorter nation's presence beside him and singing along.

"Recuérdame...

Si sola crees estar

Recuérdame...

Y mi cantar te irá a abrazar

Aun en la distancia

Nunca vayas a olvidar

Que yo contigo siempre voy

Recuérdame..."

Alfred took over singing the lead while Rafael sung behind him, a soft smile on his lips.

"Remember me--

For I will soon be gone

Remember me,

And let the love we have live on

And know that I'm with you the only way that I can be

So, until you're in my arms again

Remember me..."

The American's voice faded out with the Mexican's, Alfred standing up and taking a deep breath before he felt his younger brother fiercely hugging his side.

"Mex, come on, it's Germany and Italy's turn," he said quietly, putting the guitar back once the nation let go.

"Come on, let's go sit, you can order me a drink," Alfred said with a wink, walking back towards the table that held England, France, and his other brother, Canada.

America took a seat beside Mexico as the blonde and brunet got up on stage next, Italy having his heart set on singing 'Starships' while the blonde seemed to be regretting his existence.