Earphones

- UNEDITED -

"I have an idea," Jungkook stated, only the fifth time he had interupted the soothing silence.

This had been your sixth or seventh meet up, and so far, Jungkook had done all the talking. He wasn't very good at it, if you ask me. He hadn't even realized that he didn't know your name, too caught up in gas bagging so much that all you ever did was listen.

Not that you would voluntarily talk anyway.

But the thought counted.

"So, like, you don't speak right?" Jungkook started his undoubtedly long rant. "Well, i was thinking about it the other day, and i just like, BAM, got an amazing idea."

You stared at him, mentally telling to just hurry up and finish the goddamn story.

Seeming to interpret your gaze, he laughed. "Okay, okay! No need to be so angsty. So like yeah, you don't talk so i was thinking 'how can i get her to talk', and then i realized, you don't need to talk to talk! You can talk through music! Like, i ask you a question, for example do you like peanut butter, and you respond by playing a song named 'no' or 'yes'. You get it?"

You thought about his idea. It didn't seem half bad, and you were willing to try if it meant keeping your friendship in line.

You slowly tilted your head up and down to the tiniest fraction.

Jungkook let out a tiny, excited giggle. 

"Great! Well, i was a bit over excited yesterday, so i have already made a playlist of basic song titles for you!" Ecstatic with his genius invention, Jungkook lent over the back of his wheelchair before quickly snatching up his backpack. Ripping it open, he pulled out a pair of earphones and his phone. 

He still had that ancient thing?

"Ok, so lets try this. Ummmm..." Jungkook concentrated heavily on watch he should ask next.

"Wait I got it! Something simple... Do you have any pets?" 

Handing you the phone, the boy had pure excitement and ecstasy written all over his face. Scrolling through the song choices, it took you a few moments to find the title you were looking for.

Yes.

"Really?! Ok! Me too, see i have a pet bunny that my friends gave me for my birthday and they named it kook because it apparently looks like me and-" You zoned out of Jungkook's newfound rant and discussion topic and instead focused on the song that continued to play through your earphone.

This guy really loves his rock music

"So, in the end, i had to give him up for adoption because as i came over here and didn't have time to look after him. sad huh?" Finished with his story, Jungkook looked over at you in expectation of some kind of reaction. You just blankly stared back.

He sighed.

"You don't talk much, do you? All i ask for is one little yes, or no, or any sound to emit from your mouth."

You tried, you goddamn tried to get words out of your mouth, but to no avail could you respond. Panicking, you started to glance wildly around. You didn't do what he said, and he was going to punish you. He was going to slap you right across the face just like your boyfriend always did, you needed to get out of there. When his hand came up, you flinched and closed your eyes, ready for the impact.

Yet it never came.

Instead, to your shock, it rested gently atop your cheek.

Opening your eyes, you were met with those of Jungkook's, a mix of sadness, comfort and an another emotion you couldn't identify written across his face. Softly, he spoke.

"Hey, its ok. I was just joking, its totally fine with me for you to not talk."

You listened to his sweet voice as he continued, slowly calming you down.

"I don't know what happened to you before you came here, but i have a good enough guess to know that it wasn't good. You need to understand that i will never try nor mean to hurt you ever. Whether you like it or not, we are in this together."

Retreating his hand from your face, he gently placed it on top of yours, intertwining your hands softly.

"You need to know that I'm broken too. Maybe not in the same way as you, but i am."

You slightly nodded, relieved that he didn't push you on the subject of your reaction neither why you would act such a way.

"And you also need to know," Jungkook continued.

"That throughout my time here, no matter how long that is, i officially want to help you. Whether its just me doing the talking, or finally you get the balls enough to speak," he slightly laughed, his true bunny grin showing (you could see why his friends named the rabbit after him).

"I am going to help you to mend from your battles, and let your broken parts be healed. Because together, we can save each other from our past, right?" Jungkook awkwardly stated, embarrassed for letting out such a big speech only for it to end in a clumsy and uncoordinated way. You didn't care though. No one had ever, never spoken to you this way before. With love and hope and joy in their voice, all directed towards you. 

Slowly, you shakily outstretched your hand towards the mysteriously confusing boy before you.

Taking this as his cue, Jungkook placed his hand in yours, a large smile on his face, while shaking your hand in such an aggressively excited way that your arm couldn't help but swing up and down in unison with it.

"Then this marks our deal. From now on, we will work together in forging each others.... umm... broken pieces," Jungkook giggled, his messed up words making his act all the cuter. 

"I want to heal you. I want you to be cherished and loved. I want you to have a friend. But most importantly, when you leave or go home or wherever you're meant to be, remember that I will always be there for you. To guide you, help you and even just, like, give you motivation."

With that, Jungkook unstopped his breaks, took your earphones out, and wheeled off into the oblivion, only stopping once to turn around and give you a small smile and wave. Watching him go, two thoughts entered your head.

For the second time in your life, you liked the idea someone came up with. 

And for the first, you  had a small spark of joy light up inside you like a tender flame, something you had not experienced since a long, long time ago.

----------------------------------

a/n

I would just like to say thank you so much to everyone that has read and enjoyed this story, and even got this far! For me, who has no writing experience at all, that is such a wonderful gift.

On a more serious note, I'm so sorry that this chapter has not been released until now, and i had such a big break in writing. I'm coming up to my exam block, and for that i need to focus alot. I'm also sorry if this chapter is not quite up to standard, as i had already wrote half ages ago and doing the other half today, I'm not sure if i completely matched up the story form the last chapter.

Anyways, tysm for reading and i promise i will post another chapter soon. 

Please vote and leave a comment on your honest opinion, even criticism can be helpful :)

love from

author-nim xx