hurry up

After the mishap of smiling at Jungkook, which you indeed classified it as, you could honestly and one hundred percent truthfully say that he never left you alone. To him, this smile wasn't just a mere act of laughing at his stupidity and overall morale, it was a justification of loyalty and acceptance of him from your behalf. 

Remember how you had previously thought that Jungkook's loud and obnoxious persona was just a facade to hide his deeper soul and well being?

Well, you were right.

In truth, he was so, so, so so so much worse.

Could he be any louder?

You swore to your self the moment the new Jungkook rolled up in his wheelchair like he owned the place, you knew something had changed. If anyone could show swagger while being confined to an old and rickety mobile chair, it was Jungkook.

"Sup bestie, what's chillin?" The corny, try hard voice Jungkook musters amused you to the slightest degree. He really was trying way too hard.

"I feel like we are, like, really connecting you know y/n." Jungkook seemed weird today. Off. Like he was trying to persuade or coax you into doing something. You didn't understand.

Things fell silent for a moment. 

You relished that small, peaceful moment.

"You look really pretty when you smile."

Whipping your head around, you took in a beet red Jungkook, scratching the back of his head in embarrassment while staring at the ground.

Oh.

So this was what this was all about.

He just wanted you to smile again.

You purposely ignored the tiny spark that you felt in your heart when you heard "you" and "cute" in the same sentence.

He didn't even mean it that way. Since when could someone actually like you?

Well, now knowing how he would react, you definitely were never ever going to show him emotion again. You couldn't take anymore cheezy-ness upon his behalf.

You slightly shook your head, instantly shutting down Jungkooks hidden plea. He pouted.

"But why? Whats so hard about it. Have you never smiled in your life?"

Oh, don't worry. You used to smile all the time.

Used too.

Once, when you were still full of life and young love, not yet influenced by the harsh beating of fists on your skin, people had always complimented you on your smile. It 'radiated' a happy glow, and could turn any frown upside down. 

But then your ex-boyfriend came along.

Ex.

"Helloooo? Y/n? Anyone in there?"

You begrudgingly ignored the boy sitting beside you. You just wanted some peace and quiet while in his company, was that too much to ask?

Jungkook huffed, annoyed and a tiny bit angry.

"Fine, don't smile. You know, you could actually be nice to someone once in your life."

Ouch.

But caught in his emotions, Jungkook didn't want to back down.

Of course, he didn't actually mean what he was saying, but the next couple of sentences that left his mouth were a hit way to close to home. After your big struggles within your abusive relationship, how were you supposed to know when he was joking?

"What do i have to do to you to get it out, huh? Where do i hit in order for you to actually care about how someone else feels before putting your own goddamn self first. My parents always said to be strict is to be kind. No wonder why your boyfriend was like that, he probably just wanted you to smile."

At these words, both yours and Jungkook's eyes simultaneously widened to the size of Golf balls. He didn't mean what he said, and you couldn't believe what he had just did.

For a moment, he just watched you, the calm before the storm (if a storm counted as a wave of profusely apologizing).

You eyes widened, your mouth gaping open to the tiniest degree as well.

Then, as you had great experience in hiding your emotions, your face went totally slack. No emotion of sadness, anger or anything else could be seen on your reflection. 

Still.

Emotionless.

Dull.

You didn't listen to the boys cries of apologies, nor his emotional passages of 'I can't believe I did that' and 'You must know that i didn't mean it that way, I know what you have been through.'

Shakily you stood up from your seat. Standing there, you looked down on the fearful, regretful and sorrowful eyes of Jungkook. You stared for a few seconds. Although you tried hard, so fucking hard, to hide your emotions fully, this time you cracked. Jungkook easily found the tremors of betrayal and hurt in your eyes. The one person you had thought was like you, was in fact the opposite. He was the same as everyone else, disregarding your pain for a mere excuse to get specialized treatment. You weren't deaf, many times you had heard the similar words.

She's fine, she's probably just milking it for attention.

You know, her boyfriend probably didn't even lay one had on her.

Such a stuck up bitch, overreacting as always, what a princess.

Taking a few deep and meaningful breaths, you turned around, and without one glance back, you left your only believable and trustworthy friend behind.

Because, just like in all your other cases,

Trustworthy was he know more,

and believable, of course not.

He was now irretrievable,

because while walking away,

yet another two thoughts entered your mind.

Yet these were not of the good kind.

First,

he had caused you undeniable pain.

Second,

You wanted to end it.

--------------------

a/n 

thanks for reading! xx I hope you liked the chapter.

On a serious note, i am really questioning whether to continue this book. It seems to be getting no votes nor comments. I truly don't know if anyone is even liking this story, or if i m just wasting my time.

So pls, just comment on this or like it (or whatever that thing is) for me to see that someone is taking the effort like i am.

Anyways,

thanks,

xx