sleep ?

|UNREAD | UNEDITED |

holy heck.

holy heckidy doo da of fifth avenue.

what .. did .. he .. just .. ask?

You stared in shock at the seemingly innocent boy above you.

not so innocent now.

You were so shocked by his sudden proclamation that you didn't realize the position you were in until you got so flustered you looked to the side.

Where an arm blocked your way out.

Whipping your head the other way, you started to panic when you realized what type of scenario you were in.

not again. it couldn't happen again.

You were stuck.

Your path to freedom had been blocked, and with that the unsettling feeling of being trapped closed in on you. An arm was sturdily placed on each side of you, a cage of muscle that would never let you go. Claustrophobia swarmed up your senses, until all you could see was black and white. A lone memory wiped its way across your mind.

-

You were trapped. The boy you had once loved had turned into a man. A man full of hate and terror and strength so strong that you could only stay with him out of you sheer terror of being hurt if you left. You thought this was the safest option, you thought that because you had stayed with him the hits would stop.

They didn't.

Instead, the rough hands pushed you to the bed, your cry for help cut off by the firm grip that held your neck in place. Straining your eyes to catch a glimpse of your side peripheral vision, you were just able to see your boyfriends other arm as it smacked down beside you, cutting off any possible attempt at fleeing. You whimpered at the growl that erupted from the male above you's throat. Pulling your focus back to the danger at hand, you tried desperately to escape the tough grasp that was still circulating your throat. Terror in your eyes, you gave one last feeble attempt to detach yourself. It was only as the grip tightened, your breath clogged and your eyesight swam with black dots did you hear the male speak.

"Don't ever think you can get away from me y/n."

"Ever."

-

Gasping for air, the memory wrecked your mindset as you flung your hands up to where the hand choking you was.

Except there was no hand.

The only thing that was interrupting your breathing was yourself.

Your own mind.

Struggling with your own consciousness, you desperately tried to calm yourself down. White noise filled your head, and only in the distance could you faintly hear a certain person calling for you to calm down. To breath.

Breathe Y/n.

Breathe.

When your throat finally managed to open, and in came the flood of the vast oxygen, you managed to inhale and exhale a few shaky breaths. You mentally repeated the same words over and over again, matching to the ones the boy beside you on the bed stated out loud.

"You made it out."

I made it out.

"You are okay."