A Spring Wedding

Natasha took a slow, deep breath. This was it. The moment she had been waiting for since forever. It was her wedding day. In a few short hours, she'd be married to the man of her dreams. James Buchanan Barnes.

A small sigh escaped her lips. Everything was perfect. James had only proposed a few weeks ago, but they had both agreed that they didn't want to take too long. They'd already waited for so long. So a few quick phone calls and a few minor preparations came up with Laura Barton as her Matron of Honor, with Clint and his kids coming as well, T'Challa had kindly offered to officiate the ceremony, him being one of the few people they knew who had the power to officiate. Aside from that, Pepper Potts, one of Natasha's closest friends, was also coming along with Sam Wilson. Sam was part of Steve's team and Pepper knew well enough to not say anything to Tony, and so both of them had been invited. No one knew where Fury or Hill were, so they were pretty much the only ones not invited.

A soft knock on the door interrupted her thoughts. "Come in," Natasha called out.

Laura and Pepper poked their heads in. "Hey!" Pepper said.

"Hey!" Natasha replied. The two women walked in, Pepper holding a white dress bag. "Is that the dress?"

"Yes it is!" Laura said excitedly. She was really enjoying all of this.

"Come on guys," Pepper said, taking the dress out of the bag. "We've only got a couple of hours."

"Shouldn't that be plenty of time?" Natasha asked, confused.

Laura laughed. "Not with what we're going to do with you."

"Should I be scared?"

"Yes," Pepper replied smiling. "You should definitely be scared."
*
Bucky started adjusting his uniform for the thousandth time.

"Buck, stop, you look great!" Steve teased him, clapping a hand on his shoulder.

"Umm ok, but are you sure? Because there's still time to change..."

Steve grinned at him. "Nervous?"

"Who me? Nervous? Pfft no! Not me. I'm not nervous, I never get nervous." He looked Steve straight in the eyes. "I'm terrified. Is this normal? Cause it doesn't feel normal."

"Yeah, Soldier," Clint called out from his seat. "It's pretty standard to be nervous."

"Were you?"

"Me? Nah, I don't get nervous." Clint replied grinning.

"Really Dad?" Cooper, Clint's oldest son, piped up. "Cause Mom And Aunt Nat told us that you were so terrified you almost wet yourself and that after the ceremony you couldn't greet people because you were throwing up in the bathroom from nerves."

Bucky and Steve smirked. "Never get nervous huh?" Bucky teased.

"That was a special occasion!" Clint protested.

There wasn't a chance for a reply, however, because at that moment music started playing, and the ceremony began.
*
It was a beautiful wedding and everything went perfectly. The reception afterwards was small but cozy and soon it was time for the bride and groom to leave.

"Where's Bucky taking you for the honeymoon?" Pepper asked Natasha quietly as they said their goodbyes.

"Paris," Natasha replied, sighing blissfully. "We'll spend two weeks there and then we're moving to New York."

"What's in store for you there?"

"Well, James has gotten certified as a teacher, so he'll be doing that and then I'll get a job somewhere."

"But not with the Avengers?" Pepper asked, almost sadly.

Natasha sighed. "No, not with the Avengers. Steve is going to try straightening things out, but even if they manage to put away the Accords or something, Tony still won't want to work with James."

Pepper nodded and hugged her friend tightly. "You'll still visit?"

"Of course!" Natasha said, hugging her friend back.

"Natasha!" James called, motioning her over.

"That's my cue." She said wryly. "I'll see you soon."

"You'd better. And don't let Bucky push you around."

"Oh, he knows better than to do that." Natasha replied, slipping her hand into her husband's.

"Yes, yes I do." He teased as they climbed into the plane. They turned and waved to their friends before settling in for the flight. It was a large plane with many comforts. And best of all, they would be in Paris in a few short hours.

"Well James," Natasha said, turning to her husband and placing her arms on his chest. "We finally did it."

"What, survived the world and got married? Yes, yes we did." He slipped his arms around her waist and kissed her. "Do you think this good luck can last?" He asked when he finally broke away.

"As long as we stick together, I think anything can happen." Natasha replied, running her hands through his hair.

James smiled and kissed her, tangling his right hand in her hair. "You know what? I think you might just be right."

"Of course I'm right. Aren't I always?"