Reactions

Natasha winced and bit her lip as she waited for the inevitable. Suddenly, she felt Bucky's lips on hers as he kissed her deep and long.

"Are you serious?" He asked, pulling away and staring at her, a half smile playing on his lips.

"Yes..." She said. That was all she managed before Bucky kissed her again.

"I don't believe it!" He gently placed a hand on her stomach. "We're gonna be parents Tash! What's wrong?" He asked as he noticed tears streaming down Natasha's face.

"I just... I didn't think you'd be this happy."

"Of course I am! A kid... I never thought that we'd be blessed like this..."

"But what if we're horrible parents?" Natasha asked, burying her face in her husband's chest and sobbing a little.

Bucky gently stroked her hair and held her. "We'll be fine. We'll learn along the way, just like anyone else."

"I thought you'd be angry." She admitted, still crying a little.

"Why?" He gently cupped her face and brushed the hair out of her eyes. "You've made me the happiest man alive."

Natasha finally smiled. "While you're in such a good mood, I should mention that I've already seen a doctor."

Bucky grinned, feeling a happiness high coming on. "What's he say?"

"No missions." Natasha muttered, pouting. "He's also going to come over every night around seven to check on me. Said I needed daily checkups cause he doesn't know what they did to me in the Red Room and here and late so there was no publicity."

"Sounds like a good doctor." Bucky mused. "Is he SHIELD?"

"I don't know." Natasha admitted. "He might be."

Bucky shook his head. "Doesn't matter anyhow. As long as you're safe." He pressed his forehead against hers. "Hey! Are we gonna tell the others?"

Natasha rolled her eyes. "I guess. Steve will want a legitimate reason to cut me from missions."

"Can I go tell them?" He asked excitedly.

Natasha laughed and gave him a quick kiss. "Go ahead."

Bucky bolted for the elevator, then suddenly turned around. "How far along are you?"

"'Bout five months."

He nodded and turned away before turning back. "And you just noticed?"

She shrugged. "Guess so."

Bucky nodded and ran inside the elevator. "I'll be right back." He told her as the doors closed.

Natasha laughed as he disappeared. "Boys." She said with a snort.
*
Loki rolled and ducked behind the tipped over sofa as he loaded his gun again.

He glanced over at Thor, who gave him a quick nod. They got up in unison and began pelting Tony and Rhodey with NERF bullets.

"The Princess Bride is amazing!" Loki screamed at Rhodey.

"It's sappy!" He yelled back as he began shooting back. His bullets were promptly blocked and returned by Loki's liberal use of magic.

"Cheater!" Tony snapped. He was promptly doused with water as Steve upended a bucket of water on him.

"Do not insult Disney!" Steve snapped, continuing the discussion that had led him to team up with Thor and Loki in the first place.

"Disney sucks!" Tony yelled, raising his gun over his head, preparing to smack it down on Steve's head.

"Incoming!" Sam called as he came out with a NERF machine gun and coated Tony and Rhodey in plastic bullets as the other three ducked for cover.

"This is amazing." Clint whispered to Wanda and Vision from their vantage point on top of a convenient cabinet. Both Clint and Wanda were filming the fight with their phones and Vision was watching in confusion.

"How long do you think this will go on?" Vision asked curiously.

"Hours." Clint said dreamily, loving every second of it.

"Guys!" Bucky yelled as he ran into the room. Everyone stopped dead in their tracks.

"What?" They all asked.

"Natasha's pregnant!"

This caused two girly screams to emit from Steve and Clint as they launched themselves at Bucky. Many congratulations were passed around from everyone to Bucky. He gave them a quick run down of her general condition. Steve gave him permission to tell Natasha that she was off the hook.

"Of course she wouldn't go anyway if she didn't want to." Steve added with a chuckle.

"I'd better go make sure she's all right." Bucky told them, grinning.

They all nodded their approval and Bucky ran out of the room as quickly as he'd entered.

The remaining Avengers glanced at each other. Clint and Wanda launched themselves back on top of the cabinet where Vision was still sitting, confused.

"Where were we?" Steve asked.

"Loki and Thor behind the couches, Steve shield up between them, Tony and Rhodey getting murdered by Sam in the inner circle." Clint called out, phone up and videotaping.

"Thanks, Clint." Tony said sarcastically as they took their places.

"And three," Wanda called out. "Two, one, start!" And it all began again.
*
Natasha smiled as she curled up against Bucky. He chuckled and kissed her hair.

"Are you happy like this, Tash?" Bucky asked her quietly.

She nodded. "Yes, I am."

"I hope you don't regret this." He said.

"I won't."

"I know you wanted to run," Bucky said softly.

Natasha sighed and pushed herself off his chest. "Pepper tell you that?"

Bucky shook his head. "That's what you would do. You don't get spooked easily, but when you do, the spy in you comes out. So you naturally want to hide, take things at your own speed, wait till the heat is off."

Natasha smiled. "You know me so well."

Bucky chuckled. "I should by now." He gently pulled her back into him. "But I'm glad you stayed, Tash. Very, very glad."

"You know what?" Natasha said gently. "I think I am too."