t h r e e

The moment I stepped outside my house, the warm wind nipped at my skin and the corner of my lips pulled up when I felt another rush of fresh air caress me. The sky was mix of orange and pink and the street lights looked like diamonds on the long paths that trudged ahead.

Moving my legs a little faster than their normal pace I turned to the main asphalt road that connected mine and Marks houses.

Mark.

My stomach is having warm showers right now as I'm thinking about meeting him. Bouts of excitement charge my body slowly and I clutch the bag in my hand tighter.

As I'm wandering the streets, my gaze doesn't linger anywhere, my mind is too preoccupied thinking what I'll say or do to get the tiniest bit of his attention because honestly speaking, it makes my entire week, scratch that it makes my entire month, when he looks me in the eye and speaks even two words.

I'm so obsessed! Someone save me.

And let that someone be Mark.

I'm smiling foolishly at the ground when my front slams into someone. I groan loudly as I feel a sharp pain sting the area above my right brow, my legs stumble behind and my hands clutch the throbbing area on my head, the bag lands with a soft thud below and the rustling of papers follow.

I suddenly feel warm unfamiliar hands on top of my own and on instinct I jump back and yet again stumble on the bag that is sprawled below and my butt hits the concrete ground. Hard.

I'm biting my lip so as to not scream like a banshee because God that hurt so bad, almost like I fell on a pointed stone.

"Are you okay?" I recognize the sound instantly and wince again.

"Victor Samuel" I say with a slight reprimand and glance up at the boy standing in front of me. Immediately a hand is held before my face and I grab it. I'm slowly hauled up to my feet while I curse in my own language.

"Lost in wonderland, Alice?" He asks looking at me with twinkling eyes. Feeling the urge to punch his perfect face I lift my hand but soon realize the skin is scraped and a thin line of blood had trickled down.

"Dammit" I breathe and ball my fists.

"You weren't even looking ahead," his defensive voice is free of guilt. I grind my teeth and look into his grey eyes with all the anger I can muster.

"We wouldn't have bumped if one of us knew where they were going so tell me what were you looking at if not the road?" I seethe. He takes a step back and scratches his neck like he is some naive little boy, his face breaking into a small smirk.

"Your pretty little face," his reply comes without hesitation and I'm so close to pushing him that he falls across the road  injuring his spine. I give him a cold look and bend down to pick up my bag when he beats me to it.

"Sorry, sorry" He says in a rush and starts collecting the few strewn papers that escaped from the bag. I grab the stack he has made and start walking away.

"Bloody fest anchors" I mumble while massaging my temples. I can hear him calling out my name but I pay him no heed and walk faster. A black SUV stops in front of me and my heart stops because of sound of screeching tires.

The window of the passenger seat roll down and and a deep voice speaks, "Need a ride, waitress?"

I almost jump back again but this time luckily I manage not to fall. My heart begins beating wildly when my eyes land on his face where a lopsided smirk sits proudly.

"Hey, Mark" I manage to let out and the passenger door opens on cue. My eyes are having a feast right now because the top two buttons of his white shirt are undone and I can see his smooth defined skin.

He snaps his finger gaining my faltering attention and gestures me to come closer.

"Hop in, kiddo"

Ouch.