s e v e n t e e n

My blood turned cold when her eyes didn't leave my face and I looked at the mess near my bed.

My diary!

Oh my God

I don't know what power came over me but with all my gathered might, I leaped on her and tackled her. We fall on the bed and Grace's groans fill the room.

"You seriously have a crush on him?!" She asks in a shocked voice.

I cover her mouth with my palm and 'Shhhh' her. All the while, disbelief floats in her eyes.

"I'll explain everything but please do not speak about this in front of them," I say tipping my head to my bedroom room outside which my other friends are walking up to.

"Please," I whisper, hoping she would understand.

I quickly get off her and pull her up with me all the while shooting her desperate looks to save my secret. She looks a bit lost but gives me a light nod. The next moment, the door to my room is pushed open and I release my breath as VIctoria and Wendy walk in talking about the new dance festival of our school.

They look around the room nonchalantly and seat themselves on my bed. I quickly stack all my strewn notebooks and shove them in my drawers making a mental note to be more careful of personal belongings like MY DIARY!

I try to take it back from Grace's hand but she holds onto it tighter and sneers.

She's not going to let this go. I already feel weary.

She won't use it against me but she'll wring out every bit of information before loosening her shackles on me. Her smirk is saying it all.

Victoria is wearing her signature blue and white jacket which comes along with being the member of the Students council. Her hair is down and her cheeks are bit pink. As I try to look more clearly, I realize what she is hiding.

I smile and join my hands together.

"Is that a hickey?" I ask as innocently as I can.

Gasps and blushes before Victoria finally decides to break the ice and start speaking.

I had to divert the tension!

***

Victoria made out with the boy who sits beside her in Biology. She quoted, "Ever since he confessed, the sexual tension was just too much" So one study date at his place and he got her, her hair and her head messed up.

She likes him obviously. It's written all over her face as he bites her lips before saying his name. Brian Well.

I'm happy for her, in fact everyone is. Wendy's got her prince, Victoria looks like she will get her prince that leaves me and Grace the only ones left to be rescued from Single Land.

Grace's cousin flew down here to surprise her and so she rushed home before the clock struck eight but not before dragging me into a corner and reminding me that she's not going to forget my mini crush for Mark.

Wendy and Victoria also left once my mom came home around nine.

So here I am siting on a stool chopping tomatoes as mom rants about her coworkers.

"She adds sugar to her green tea and then complains about not losing weight!" She exclaims while prancing around the kitchen in her cute apron. I chuckle.

"What a stupid woman you have to work with!" I shake my head.

"I know!" she says with wide eyes. "Last week she made everyone come out of her cubical and see her daughters picture from her prom. Her daughter, Kelcy, got selected in MIT and she wouldn't stop talking about it for weeks! The woman is such a show-off I tell you"

My eyes fall back on the knife in my hand.

"I just wish my boss finds out she's been stealing from the stationery and throw her out"

"Uhuh" I mumble while working my hands.

"Ella..." I feel her eyes on me and that voice which she only uses when she knows I'm somewhere else. I lift my head and meet her eyes.

"What's it, dear?"

She keeps aside the spatula and pulls out a stool beside me. I've noticed you're thinking a lot these days.

"It's nothing" I ttry and give her a smile but she keeps looking at me.

"Darling, who am I?" She asks in a delicate voice.

"Ruby Bishop," I chuckle lightly. She looks like she's about to scold me but she breathes in.

"What am I to you, Ella Bishop?"

"My mother"

"And you think I don't understand when my own child has something going on?" She places her hand on top of mine and my eyes feel a bit moist. I'm such a sap.

"Mom..." I begin but before I can speak another word, her hands wrap around my shoulder giving me a much needed hug. I cling to her as my heart fills with warmth.

"Now begin," she says siting back.

"I...feel worthless," I admit looking down at my hands.

Her fingers slide down my chin and make me look at her. "Don't ever say that again."

"It's true!" I say feeling a slice of reality tear down my self love. Her eyebrows scrunch up but she waits for me to add. "Everyone has figured out what they want for their future and here I am totally clueless."

I clutch my head in my hands.

"Wendy's going to that college for her basketball career, Ryan's joining music school, Victoria will probably get into Harvard or Stanford" I say feeling all my pent up emotions coming up."

"Its alright" My mom says.

"Its not! At this age, Sean was planning to start his business, his best friend Mark, had decided to take up finance and head into becoming a entrepreneur one day. Everyone in my school have this shit figured out and I feel so lost. So lost, mom" I confess and she gives me an empathetic look.

"Darling, everything comes at its time. Don't worry," she says stroking my back. "Your confused and overwhelming thoughts are making you think that you are not capable of doing anything. You and I both know that's untrue."

"What do I do, Mom?" I ask, she smiles but her answer is interrupted when the bell rings.

"Go on, open the door" She says as she walks back to the stove.

"It'll probably be the monkey of the house" I roll my eyes before getting up and forcing my legs to the door. When I stretch it open, a huge bouquet of red roses stands directly in front of me. They move aside to reveal a smiling face."

"But you weren't supposed to be back for another week" I whisper shocked.

"Come on now, princess, don't break your fathers heart" He says before pulling me in his hug. I feel tears rolling down as he laughs and lifts me up.

"I missed you" I say into his ear.

"Me too, darling" He says wiping my cheeks and mom joins us with a radiant smile that could light up the sky.

***

Hi guys! Sorry for the delay but I've got a question for you guys.

Would you be intrested in reading a bad boy story written by me? I'm planning for it to be a full length novel and not a short story. Tell me your thoughts!