t w e n t y t h r e e

"Ryan! You blood-sucker!" I yell into my mobile phone. I watch Wendy and Grace shake with silent laughter, the fact that I'm super pissed is entertainment for these two. I glare in their direction and chuck my phone into the pile of my belongings and take two steps back.

"He's going to regret this" I say strongly, then turn around and start sprinting.

I soon find myself trying to squeeze my way through the throng of people loitering in the room. I mutter apologies here and there when my elbow stabs into someone but I'm so focused on my mission right now all I can think about is the ways in which I will make Ryan suffer.

He will pay for this.

Ryan very meticulously replaced my history assignment which was supposed to be a detailed project on Eastern wars of the 20th century with a graphic report on Kamasutra!

The substitute ( which I'm so thankful to) called me personally regarding the same instead of addressing it in front of the whole class. Needless to say I was flaming brighter than a bride in his cabin while he showed me what I had unknowingly submitted to the class head. I apologized profusely and I didn't dare meet his gaze, but he was kind enough to believe that this was a mishap not planned by me.

When I came in the cafeteria looking like I would destroy anything within seconds, Wendy and Grace simply spit out one name in order to calm me: Ryan. I called him immediately to thunder some colorful words for him to hear and he had the nerve to tell me he was waiting for me at the gymnasium.

So thats where I was headed to the gymnasium so I could kick him like a football.

I reach the gym after a lot of struggles but my anger hadn't subsided one bit. The moment I push open the doors I see him. Hands up in surrender on the other end with a terrified look on his pale face.

"I can explain!" He shouts from there and I make a run for him.

To beat the crap out of him.

"None needed." I say through my gritted teeth and see him panicking. He starts running making faces to calm me down and let him explain but I don't need to hear anything.

"Ella please!" he pleads as I chase him around the gym. My breath increases and I feel my chest getting heavier but I'm going to catch him no matter what. I hear the pounding of my heart loudly in my ears not slowing down one bit.

He's fast even for a well trained athlete to chase him, he knows this but I'm not going to give up. If the assignment had landed up in front of our history teacher Mr. Brown, he would've called my parents and made a laughing stock of me in the classroom.

It was dreadful to even imagine the shame and embarasment it would've caused me.

We were going in circles around the human dummy propped in the centre, "Ella, calm down!"

"Not a chance" I answer and watch him change course and head toward the exit. Within moments he had ran out and out of my sight. Shit.

By this time my chest hurt with so much physical exertion. I took some time and bent down with my hands on my knees.

I really needed to work out more often.

When I straightened my back I felt a sharp pain in the side of my neck. Shit. I had pulled a muscle. I bit ky lip to silent the cry I was about to let out at the pain.

Suddenly, the entire left side of my throat felt the dissipated pain growing and I clutched my eyes shut. My entire flushed body was screaming at me for trying to pull such a stunt.

Fuck.

I tried calming down but it did little for the pain, I could only pray that it would subside with time. A moment later I heard footsteps approaching me.

"Stay away, Ryan! I'm done with you" I snarled and opened my eyes just to choke on my own words.

Victor stood there in his gym clothes looking at me with a raised eyebrow. My eyes widened and involuntarily I took a step behind only to jerk back as the pain in my neck worsened.

A steadying hand immediately came behind my back and my breadth caught in my chest.

"Are you hurt?" He questions and I can only manage a nod. The pain had increased a lot and unknowingly my eyes felt watery and soon a tear slipped down my cheek.

I heard Victor curse under his breadth.

"Have you pulled a muscle near you shoulder?" He asks gently taking away the hand I had clamped in the crook of my neck.

"I think yes" I said while biting my lip. Victor examined the area but when his fingers skimmed the skin as lightly as a feather, my eyes became the size of melon.

Suddenly our proximity registered in mind. I couldn't help but notice, his sleeveless tshirt was tightly bound to him and his lean arms were very smooth for a boy. They had less muscles but the viens they possessed made me sigh internally.

I felt his hot breadth on my bare neck and I felt my knees weakening. My heart suddenly picked it's pace again despite all tries to keep it calm.

"Let's take you to the nurse's office" I hear him say and he takes my hand in his own while supporting me with his other hand on my back.

"Isn't it your sport period?" I ask finally. He was ready in his gym clothes and I could hear other students making their way here. Becoming aware of the minimal distance between us I tried to push away from him. I didn't want our batchmates to see this and interpret something that wasn't there.

My tries were in vain because Victor tightened his grip on my hand and pulled me closer.

"Why are you moving away?" He asks turning to face me and I was compelled to do the same. I looked into his eyes. They were a gorgeous shade of brown and he wasn't looking away. He dared me to answer his question but I felt my throat go dry and my hands in his were starting to get sweaty.

What do I say?

And more importantly why isn't he looking away?!

Thankfully, I didn't get a chance to answer because we were interrupted by the swarm if kids pouring in and I relaxed immediately and pulled my hand away from his.

He frowned at this but chose not to comment. I began walking towards the exit but standing there with a look that could put Satan to shame, Mellisa Moore was standing there staring directly at me.

Mellisa Moore, Victor's anchoring partner and the spelling bee champion.

It didn't take a genius to figure out that she was clearly unhappy with Victor by my side. I ignored the pain for a that moment of time and hurried out.

I can take a hint very clearly.

Victor tried to come after me but I insisted that it wasn't anything serious and that he shouldn't skip this class because of it.

"We'll go check out marks for the test together?" He asks as I turn to go.

Over his shoulder, I saw Mellisa trying to eavesdrop.

"Sure" I turned to him and smiled. He smiled back and jogged inside.

Not so sure really.