t w e n t y s e v e n

His eyes were shining with mischief and excitement. I continue to look at him with suspicious eyes but he just shruggs and acts innocent.

"What do you mean?" I inch closer to him with my head still titled and waiting for him to spill the beans.

"I think you know very well what I mean" He winks before dropping my lunch box in my hands and then turning around as if he didn't just drop a secret bomb.

"You know?!" I whisper yell and follow him, trying to match his shoulder with mine. "How?! It's not supposed to be known to other students!"

"Shhhh," He turns to me and places a finer on my lips smartly shutting me up. He tilts his head to the side pointing to the carious student loitering in the hallway.

"But how?!" I find my self exclaiming into his ear.

"I have my ways" He says smugly before he resumes to walk making every cell in my body shake with annoyance.

I run to catch up with him and soon we reach the cafeteria again. He stops and turns to me with a glint in his eyes.

"I know who your target is and I know a plan that can help you"

Oh my god, he can?!

"Tell me, tell me, please!" I practically pounce him but he shakes his head making confusion swirl in me.

"Why not?" I ask while making a sad face.

"Nothing's free, darling," He says and sits on an empty table motioning for me to sit beside him.

Wait, does he really know about this? I mean this cycle is supposed to be really secretive as far as I knew. Even if he were good friends with Noah or Asher, I doubt those jocks would reveal anything to him.

"Wait, I don't believe you know anything" I say challengingly and cross my arms across my chest trying to show him that I'm not falling for any of his schemes.

"Fine, then. Your loss" He then swiftly picks his bag up and stands. Shit.

"No, wait!" I grab his arm and pull him next to me. "Don't go please. I'm desperate for help" I confess.

"I know" He says as a matter of fact and sighs. He leans on the table and takes the box from my hands. I reluctantly sit next to him and throw my watch a glance, only three minutes remaining.

"I was just testing you," I say in a small voice. He places the box on the table.

"I know" comes his reply.

"But how do you even know it is my turn? This is supposed to be under wraps you know" I say.

He looks at me for a moment then his lips stretch into a smile. He leans closer to me and suddenly his breath starts tickling the skin on my neck. I freeze momentarily.

"Your target is coming towards us right now and she has the most fakest smile on," He leans back making it possible for me to breath again.

"She's right behind you" I whip my head around and there she is.

Mellissa. Standing in a pink mini skirt and a white blouse that has really pretty sleeves. She's not alone though.

Victor's entire school group is just inches away from us and watching us.

"You guys know Ella right?" Victor speaks and motions for them to join us.

I recognize all of them. Everyone's popular.

A blonde haired guy takes a seat next to me and smile while nodding.] Harry. He's a part of the orchestra and he plays the drums.

"So you guys banging?" I could recognize that voice anywhere. George Jr.

His flirtatious look lands on me and he winks but it only deepens my irritation towards him. He's a part of the drama club. Although he is gifted with incredible looks and body, he often prefers playing several small roles for the plays rather than going for the lead role.

One can see he's not into commitment.

I try not to react to his comment.

"George," Victor's voice is a warning to be heard.

"Try speaking it in his favorite language. Do you guys make sweet love under starry nights to satisfy bodily needs?" Jake snickers and takes a seat opposite to me, shooting me a curious look.

"Shut up, Jake" Victor bites back. Loudly.

"They came without filter but trust me they're good at heart," Harry whispers to me and I give him a stiff smile in response.

"Sorry, Ella, we've just never seen Victor show so much interest in girls since last year." George again winks at me.

"Yeah, he couldn't stop talking about his date then and yet he never revealed her name to us" Jake throws the last bits of pop corn on Victor who glares at him and brushes the bits off him.

Date? Last year?

That was with me. I look at Victor but he bites his lip and avoids looking at me.

Someone clears their throat behind me and it's then I realize Mellissa is still standing.

"That's my seat" She says in a clipped voice, shifting her weight on her feet.

"Mel, you can take that empty chair between George and Jake," Harry suggests but Mellissa narrows her eyes at him.

"It's alright," I speak up and stand up. "I've got to go to my class"

I turn around hurriedly haul my backpack to my shoulder. Mellissa takes my seat obediently giving me a sharp look.

Geez, what is it with her?

"Ella?" Victor asks making me stop running. "You needed my help right?" He asks with eyes that are full of hope and somewhat ashamed.

I throw a Mellissa a look, she's happily sitting with her hands on top of Victor.

That...

"Yeah, text me when you're free" I say and see him nod.

Jake, Harry and George shout their byes at me and smile at all of them.

I need to get this prank over as soon as possible.

Wohoo, dear readers. How are you liking the book so far?

Do comment and let me know.

Stay safe and healthy :)