No

I have no idea what was going on around me as I sat with my friends as they laughed and drank, but it was like they were on mute. I could not even hear what was going on, my thoughts were racing and all I could do was attempt to pry my eyes away from the poker table. I watched as they set and talk, laughing, and lightly touch each other. I could barely control myself, it took what was left of my focus to just stay in my seat and not make a scene. I sure Macy would be put off with me if I ruined her party. So I would control my emotions the best that I could.

As I glanced back to the table my eyes met another pair of eyes that looked amused with one of his eyebrows raised. Bobby was smirking at me as I tried to turn my eyes away from him, but landed on Leah whispering into Luke’s ear. I felt my eyes narrow at the site as thunderous laughter erupted and snapped me out of my obsessive thoughts. It also got everyone’s attention as well; they stopped and stared at Bobby and his sudden outburst. Everyone looked around trying to figure out what was happening, but I knew what he had seen and I was trying to hide and shrink away from embarrassment, well whatever I was doing.

I watched as I saw Bobby stood up and walked over to where we were sitting, I instinctual became nervous as if he was going to point out the way I had acted. Sure I may have glared and feeling jealous, but I was unsure if I was really jealous in a romantic way or I was just pissed at the fact he ruined my life and is going to go off and be with another girl. He sauntered over a smirk plastered on his smug looking face.

He ended up sitting on the opposite couch with Mickey as he slung his arm around her. I also noticed the others at the table slowly walked over; I shifted uncomfortably as I noticed Macy got up and moved to the only open couch as Josh is in her former spot. Max, Luke and Leah where now by the bar getting more drinks as I was aware that there are only two spots left to sit and there were three people. I knew Max would sit with Macy, but the real question that stuck in my mind was who would sit with me. I didn't really care if Luke sat with me, but I really feared if Leah sat next to me and what I might do or if Luke sat down and Leah sat on his lap again. I was pulled out of my thoughts when I hear Bobby talk to me.

"So, Annie, how are you?" I glared at him, I knew what he was getting at and I was not going to play along.

"Pretty good," I smiled at him ", I am also really excited for Macy, it being her wedding and all tomorrow." I looked over to Macy who was grinning ear to ear as Max sat next to her and wrapped his arms around her.

"Well that’s good, I thought you might be upset about something but I guess I was wrong," he said chuckling and I shot him a dirty look.

As he spoke about the card game, I zoned out and watched out the corner of my eyes as Luke left the bar followed by Leah, he walked into the circle of couches and came and sat by me. He handed me a glass of champagne like I had seen Max do a few seconds before. I also noticed Leah stop about two feet away and I inwardly laughed, she had nowhere to sit so maybe she would leave.

"Annie." I heard her say, but ignored her as I started listening to Macy talk about their honeymoon trip that they were going on.

"Annie!" She said a second time loader which got everyone's attention as it became very quiet. I looked at her while irritated that she was standing next to me with her hands on her hips looking mad

"What do you want?" I said trying to hold in my anger and not launch her off the side of the roof.

"Can you move please?" Everything around me became even quieter and still as all I heard was the sound of wood popping under the heat of the fire.

“What?" I looked at her in shock and confusion; mainly I was just surprised at what she had said to me.

"I asked if you would move so I can sit with Luke," she said slowly as if I hadn’t heard her right the first time. I felt my lungs begin to burn while all I could think about was killing her.

"Excuse me?" My hands tightened into fists ready to punch the living daylights out of her. She looked at me and rolled her eyes.

"I want you to move Annie, so I can sit with Luke." She almost yelled at me and I lost what little control I had, and stood up shoving her which sent her falling on the end table that sat between the couches. She was up a second later looking angry and growled at me, "You little bitch!", as she made an attack toward me and I froze.

I am not really a fighter, I’ve never really been in a real physical fight beside when I was little and would wrestle around with Max. Those times didn't really count because Max tried not to hurt me and Leah probably wanted me dead. Somewhere in my train of thought I heard another crash and I looked around to see what had happened or if I was hurt. I wasn't, Luke was standing in front of me and Leah was crawling out from the pile of wood that was once a table. When she stood up she looked shocked and angry as she started to yell and came stomping back over to the area we were in.

"Luke! Why are you protecting that bitch? She doesn't even want you, she told me herself!" She screamed and I became enraged again.

"Leah I think it’s time for you to take your leave," he said in a cold voice that sent shivers down my spine.

"No, you should make her leave," she said pointing to me ", she does not deserve the Queens crown and she doesn't even want you either. I do, and you need to get that through your head fast." She placed her hands on her hips.

"Leah, I don't want you, Annie is my mate and I love her even if she does not love me,” he said still in a cold voice, as I felt a little twist in my chest ", and the sooner you get that through your thick head you can move on and stop being a clingy little leach." I giggled in my mind as I realized how close Leah’s name was to leach, she was one too. She huffed and stormed off toward the door and I felt a little smug because I had won and got her to leave, but before she was to the door Luke called out to her making my heart drop a little.

"Leah!" she stomped toward to look at us, annoyed "If you ever attempt to hurt Annie again, I will take it as an act against the kingdom and kill you." With that she flipped her hair as she walked into the stairwell.

As a smile started to creep into the corners of my lips in a smug way I saw Luke turn to face me and I froze again. I could tell he was angry because his eyes were black, but not fully the color in his iris where still there so I knew he had some control. I just knew not to push him anymore tonight or I might end up dead or well, more dead. I instinctively stepped back from him because I felt a little intimidated since he did tower over me. But when I did he grabbed my wrist to stop me, it didn’t hurt, but it probably would’ve broken my arm if I was still human. He moved his head and broke the intense look he was giving me and was now looking at Max and Macy cuddling on the couches.

"Max, Macy, I am sorry for causing a scene at your party, I think it’s time we take our leave." I pursed my lips, slightly annoyed.

"But I am not ready to-" He turned his attention back to me and I froze, I could see he was having difficulty controlling his emotions and I began to feel fear course through me.

“We will see you both tomorrow." Max nodded in our direction as Macy waved. Luke pulled me to the stairwell moving quickly.

He pulled me down the stairs, through the hallways, and pushed me through the doorway of my room. As I turned to see Luke he was standing with both hands pressed on the door facing away from me. The lights were off, but I could see him well enough that I could tell he was breathing heavily and I wondered if he was trying to calm down or if he was planning something else.

I was becoming increasingly nervous as he just stood there breathing deep breaths. He turned and started to walk quickly in my direction as I backed away from him and hit the wall. His eyes had not changed and were still mostly black as he stood pinning me to the wall, with his hand pressed on both sides of my head as his body pressed against mine lightly. It became difficult to breathe while my body felt like it became infected with heat and it became increasingly difficult to think straight.

"Annie," he said with a haggard voice and he stayed silent for a long time looking directly into my eyes. He closed his eyes and exhaled loudly as he rested his head my shoulder, breathing deeply that tickled my collarbone making me gasp.

"Do you have any idea what you did?" He said softly into the crick of my neck, I could not respond with words so I shook my head no.

"She could have killed you very easily and I would’ve snapped," he paused and sighed ", I couldn't let her touch you, I hate it when she touches me, but she intends to harm you and I couldn't take it so I wanted to kill her. I have never wanted to kill anyone like that before tonight." He placed a light kiss on my neck where he had bitten me and I no longer had control over my body or mind.

Everything happened so fast after the second he kissed my bite mark, my entire body arched and a moan escaped my mouth. I felt his hand grab my hips and lift me off the ground as my legs wrapped around him as I heard a small grunt noise comes from Luke as he pressed his hips into mine while he attacked my neck that seemed to leave me breathless. I didn't want to stop him because what I felt was unexplainable like I was on fire, but the more I burned the better it was. I felt air all around me so I opened my eyes and saw I was now on my bed as Luke hovered above me out of breath and I realized I was too. His eyes were so captivating when they were normal, but he kept breaking eye contact with me as he kept glancing down at my lips. As he started to lower himself as he pressed his lower half into me more and I felt how excited he really was and gasped in shock as he froze and looked confused, but as my eyes glanced down south and I looked back at him while a small smirk appeared on his face. I thought that he was going to kiss me as he came closer, but he didn't and leaned down and whispered into my ear.

"Any time you want me Annie all you have to do is ask." I exhaled loader then normal which came out as a small moan as he started attacking my neck again and pressed his friend into me for a second time.

I felt his hand start to travel up my outer thigh as and move effectually under my dress and his other move slowly from my neck down. I melted into the way he made me feel, as I closed my eyes to gain some control back I reopened them and gasped loudly. Joel was standing in front of me and he was asking me to marry him again. I knew this was not real because I could still feel Luke touching me and kissing me and the pleasure I was feeling. It was like I was stuck in my memories and all I wanted was to escape and get back to Luke and the second later it felt as if I was electrically shocked to the heart as I heard Joel voice.

"Annie, will you marry me?" As another shock came, I screamed.

"No!" I took off running in the opposite direction as another shock wave came and then I opened my eyes to Luke hovering above me, the look in his eyes was not what I had expected.

"N...No?" Was all he said, and I didn't understand and my heart fell, was he reflecting me after all this time after everything he had done?

But all I could do was look in his eyes as he slowly pulled himself away from me as I stayed frozen in my spot. His jaw tightly clinched as his stone face took over his features, but his eyes told something that caused all the heat in my body to run cold. It felt as if I was punched in the stomach and I was not able to breathe and tears started to form as he pulled away completely and sat on the edge of my bed facing away from me. All he did was look at his hands and stay silent before he spoke; though he was not talking to me he was talking to himself out loud.

"I cannot believe I fell for that again," he said shaking his head ", I am so stupid for actually believing you could want me." He lowered his head into his hands, and then he walked toward the door.

"Luke!" I didn't understand what just happened and why he was acting this way, as he turned around and looked at me I froze as I didn't know what to do. He looked like he was on the verge of tears.

"What? Did you not get your sick fill of hurting me?" I shrink away from his harsh tone and the look of anger he gave me.

"Well you will have to wait till tomorrow; I can’t take any more pain today."

With that he walked out slamming my door. I crawled under my covers that smelt of him faintly. I began to cry silently as the cold in my body started to become a pearcing pain. I didn't understand what happened, I actually wanted Luke, but he freaked and left me sitting here alone and confused in the dark. Maybe this was a sign that it was not suppose to happen and the universe was telling me that it was a mistake making Leah leave and going off alone with Luke. I eventually drifted off to sleep, my body still laden with the cold pain.