Whats going on

I sat on the ground for a long time; he had just walked out after that little incident. He didn't look like himself when he finally opened his eyes and looked at me. I felt guilty beyond what words could even explain because let's be honest, here it was mostly my fault. Mulling over everything that had happened I realized that there were two people at fault, Luke and I are to blame for this mess. He never lets me finish what I'm trying to say, he always storms off or talks over me. Luke is always tricking me and deciding things for me, I am fully capable to make decisions for myself and he just does not get that.

I kept sitting there, trying to reason with myself about everything that's been happening, and what went on in the trial today. I felt a little guilty for not believing him about the petition, but who would? He gives me no reason to trust anything he’s said. I heard a crash that snapped me out of the argument in my head. I noticed my door was slightly opened, I guess Luke never closed it. I peeked out but didn't see anyone but I could hear people talking close by. They were whispering and curiosity got the best of me. I started walking toward the main stair case, but stopped when I turned the corner. Luke was standing with his back to me, Leah stood against the wall looking down and almost scared, and Joel stood in front of Luke looking freaked out when he saw me. They all just stood there not saying anything and I felt really awkward about walking up to whatever was happening.

“What's going on?” I asked a little nervous, Luke turned his head slightly and I saw his eyes were pitch-black.

“Nothing,” Luke spoke through a clenched jaw and I could see that he was really trying not to lose whatever control he had.

“I heard a crash. I-I was making sure everyone was okay.” I saw Joel glance at the ground and noticed what used to be a bottle in pieces on the ground on the other side of Leah.

“It's nothing Annie, just go about your business.” My angry flared at Luke.

“Stop telling me what to do, I have a right to know what happened when I hear things crashing about,” I said in almost a yelling voice.

“It's nothing, Leah's nothing but a clumsy bitch and your pathetic human isn't any better.” Luke spat but this still didn't faze me, Leah looked angrily at Luke and Joel just shook his head in defeat.

“Luke, you can't do this, you have no right!” Leah screamed at Luke, and he grabbed her by the neck and slammed her against the wall.

“I am the crowned princes! I can do whatever the hell I like,” he slammed her against the wall a second time as the super awkward feeling came back and I really just wanted to slowly back away from whatever is going on, “I have given an official order and you both shall compile, or I will personally see to your death.” Luke slammed her against the now crumbling wall again and finally let go, as she fell to the floor he started walking down the stairs quickly.

Joel stood, looking scared of what had just happened, he looked at me then down at Leah who was gasping for air. He moved to help her up and about half way up she pushed him away and took off after Luke, calling his name. I rolled my eyes, how desperate is she is. Joel looked almost guilty and it made me wonder if there was more than I realized going on.