His Blood

“You bastard! Why did you push me out of the way? You could have really hurt her!” I looked back at Joel who was visible angry.

“Boy if I didn’t push you she would have gotten hurt” he started to turn to walk away. I realized he had not set me down, and I struggled to get out of his hold.

“Let me go!” I yelled at him and he did as I asked without hesitation. I moved over to where Joel was standing and grabbed my bag up off the ground.

“Annie lets get out of here, I already texted Macy to meet us at my house,” I hear Joel say. The strange man was watching me, still amused, with a strange curiosity.

“You’re not going anywhere,” my brother said as he turned the corner of the house flanked by my parents.

“Screw you, Max, you have no right to tell me what to do!” I grabbed Joel’s hand and squeezed looking for reassurances.

“Annie, don’t be difficult,” my mother said, as we started walking to where Joel's car was parked, when I felt Joel’s hand be ripped away from mine and as two hands clamped down on my shoulders.

“What the hell! Why do you keep pushing me?” Joel yelled. The stranger was standing in between me and Joel.

“You will not touch her again.” The stranger was commanding Joel. How dare he? I looked up to see it was my brother holding me, watching the stranger as Joel got up off the ground.

“What?” Joel said moving closer to him, the stranger was a lot taller than Joel making him an entire head taller than me.

“You heard me boy” was the strangers threatening response.

“Excuse me, I don’t think so.” They both looked at me and I removed my brothers hands off of my shoulders and made my way to where Joel was. The stranger stopped me.

“Stop your mine now, I order you to stay away from him as well.” I cannot tell you how much this infuriated me. I thought my brain was going to explode.

“Who do you think you are? That is my fiancé and I will not stay away from him, you’re the one that need to back off, dude.”

“Annie, do not speak to the prince that way.” My brother looked seriously annoyed when he said this. I looked back at the stranger that stood in front of me holding onto my arm. This was the so called “prince”!

I was shocked, for some reason I was surprised he was not only a young man, but hot. Of course, he was an asshole. I didn’t understand how he was able to convince my brother and my parents that he was a prince. There was no such thing as a prince here in the United States. What was wrong with these people for believing this ludicrous story. I pulled my arm away from him, because good-looking or not, his actions proved he was no prince in my eyes, and never would be. I moved closer to Joel again and was about to grab his hand when suddenly the “prince” was in front of me so fast, grabbing me with both hands, My brother was now holding Joel in the air by his neck.

“If you don’t listen to me, we will kill him and his blood will be on your hands” I heard Max say.

“NO!” I screamed “let him go your hurting him!” I tried to move out of this strangers' grasp to my brother but he did not relinquish his hold on me one bit. He bent down to whispered into my ear:
“Take off that pathetic ring and give it back to him and send him away, before we have to kill him.” He moved away from me and I looked at him through my tear blurred eyes. “The choice is yours. You must make it quickly.” He stood there waiting and watching me as I looked over to where my brother and Joel were.

Joel was struggling and trying to get free of my brother hand and was turning a deep red as his lips, his amazing lips were becoming paler by the seconds. My brother just stood there like there was nothing in his hands, although Joel weighed at least 170 lb. How was he able to do that, it was unnatural for someone to do that. I looked down at my hand and slowly slide the ring off. The movement made me feel as if I was the one being choked and a burning sensation erupted in my chest. My brother lowered Joel to the ground. He collapsed to the ground and laid on his back, as I rushed over to him.