Chapter 13

1 year later
May 1995

"Welcome back to Video Soul I'm your host Donnie Simpson, and today we have someone you guys have been begging for us to get on our show. The beautiful, and talented Ms. Justice."

Justice waved to the camera & thanked him for the sweet welcome.

"So Justice how have you been ? We are so happy to have you. on our show today." Donnie told her as he smiled from ear to ear, waiting on a response.

"I have been doing very well, thanks for asking & thanks for having me" She says returning back that bright smile to Donnie Simpson.

"No problem, so tell me how fast your life has changed these past couple of months. I mean because just last year, you were just getting started on your acting, and now your this huge superstar. I mean I know your parents are extremely proud. Tell us a little about that."

"Yes, I-I mean it...it's very shocking. I'm really just at a lost of words right now. I still can't believe this is even real. Being where I am right now has always been a dream of mine, ever since I was a little girl. Just being a huge star, and y'know an inspiration to others. I just want to thank god, because without him none of this would be possible."

"yes god...and don't forget to thank your boyfriend 'Devante Swing of Jodeci'. Because from what I heard, & I'm sure everyone else has as well is that he is playing a huge role with your success in the music buisness." Donnie says trying to get more insight of what goes on behind the scenes.

"yes, devante is the one who got me to start singing in the first place. I remember about a year ago, we were in the studio. And he was basically telling me that he had a song for me , & that I was going to sing it no matter what." She chuckles as she says the last part.

"Wow that's great, well let's take a look at your new music video 'Anytime Anyplace'. Right here on Video Soul."
---------------------------
As for the rest of the interview Donnie asked Justice more questions about her career & what things we can be expecting from her in the near by future.

After the interview Justice was driven to her home by an escort. Tired & exhausted because these past few months have been very hectic. Interview after interview, show after show, meetings after meetings. The list can go on & on. As for J all she wanted to do was spend some quality time with her man, devante.

It's been almost 4 months since they've last seen each other. Both of there schedules have been so tight lately, due to her sky rocketing career, & him being in Rochester working on a new album with the guys.

No time has been made for them to see each other.

Rochester 9:00 pm

🎶Yeahhh
here I am sittin' in this fly ass hotel over Miami
just watching the birds fly over the ocean
I guess I'm kinda trippin'
cuz I'm kinda high
and don't give a f*ck
so I wanna come at you on the real, baby
and let you know how I feel
you know, for the last few days
I've been watching you, all by my lonely
with your little friends
I see how you make them laugh
I've been kinda envious of your friends
cuz it's like, they're so close to you
and i can't find the right things to say to get close to you
this is the only time in my life that money doesn't matter
the only thing that matters if finding the perfect place for me and you
so if you got the time, I got the place"🎶

De'Vante finished his intro, & headed out the booth.

"That sounded good De'. " Rolita, one of the members from his group Sista told him.

She was currently there, helping them on a couple of songs. That was gonna be on the album, they were currently finishing up.

'The Show, the After-Party, the Hotel'.

"Thank you." He said going back to sit down in his rolling chair.

"So, the boys went to go get you guys something to eat for the night. They should be back anytime now." She told him, trying to break the silence that was now in the room.

"yea... I know." he answered lowly, messing around with the soundboard.

"Besides, today was your off day. I didn't need you or the rest of Sista to do any background vocals or anything. So... why are you still here again." He said removing his focus from the soundboard, & now staring at her.

"Wellll...I was hoping that we can talk." Rolita said inching closer to where he was sitting

"Look if you here to talk about sista. I'm not about to talk about that right now. I'm focused on this album, & that's it."

"No, it's not about sista. I want to talk about you know...us."

"US ! " He said with the most confused stankiest face he could've ever give off

"yea" she now said with her head facing towards the ground.

She didn't expect this kind of reaction from him. Because as far as she was comcerned she thought they had "something".

"What you mean 'us'." He mocked her.

"De'Vante don't act like we haven't been fucking."

"Oh my God, here we go." He said as he wiped his face with the both of his hands, & slouched further down in his chair.

"Look there is no us, there will never be an us. What we been doing is fucking, & that's all it will ever be. You already know I have a girl back home. Don't start with that extra shit. Now if you don't mind, I will like to get back to work. The door is right there, you can let yourself out."

There was nothing else that Rolita could say, she felt like she'd heard enough.

She simply stormed out of the studio, leaving him there alone.

----------------------------------------------

"Yo what's up with Rolita, we seen her leaving out front she looked mad as hell." Kci chuckled coming in the studio with bags of food, with the rest of the guys.

"I'on know man you know how they get." was all devante said

"Anyways man here go your food, we just got you a burger, & some fries." Jojo said finally handing de' his food.

"Oh yea nigga you owe me .86 cents too. You ain' send us enough money for yo' ass." Dalvin said sipping on his strawberry milkshake, while flopping down on a couch that was in the studio.

"Nigga I ain' giving you shit."

"Aye De', man you ready for me to hit the booth or what man?" Kci asked

"Yea K , go in there & sing yo verse."

🎶"One, two, three seconds are gone
Coulda been gone, a long time ago"🎶

It's L I T 🔥, I finally updated y'all. It's been way to long. I think this chapter showed how much I improved as a "wattpad writer" so far. In this chapter, I didn't do it from any character's pov. So let me know should I continue to write in this kind of format, or do y'all like the different characters 'point of views'. Also tell me what did you guys like about this chapter. Until then, Vote, Comment, Continue reading, & allat'. Thank you❤