Author's Note

Thank you for checking out this book. It's a bit of a change from my usual, cliché, happy books, but hopefully it'll work out. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

UPDATED WARNING:

This book is incredibly cringey. It's my first completed work, which is nice so I'm not deleting it out of nostalgia. 

I started this book with the intention of handling this heavy topic properly because the romanticization of suicide and depression in the media is a issue. It's usually very unrealistic. I'm not very pleased with the result, but I don't have the time to sit and edit it.

I started the story when I was feeling sort of shitty and life sucked so Parker was created to embody the things I felt. But by the end of the six months, I had gotten through that weird period of depression, so I started feeling disconnected from what I was writing. 

If you're just looking for a quick read with a happy ending and a cliched cute-ass romance, read on. If you're looking for something a bit more authentic, this really ain't it. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

If you are having suicidal thoughts, reach out immediately.

Call 1-800-273-8255

You have so much to live for. I promise, whatever you're going through, you can get through it. And if you need someone to stand by you, you know where to find us. Stay safe, stay happy.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Trigger warnings:

Suicide

Physical Abuse

Cursing

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

On February 22nd, 2018, boy in my school committed suicide. I had never met him, never seen him, yet somehow, his death broke my heart too. He had so much to live for, people said. He was on the soccer team and he had so many friends, why would he do it?  The people we least expect to have problems usually do. 

I've always hated when someone admits they're depressed and someone's like:

"Oh, you're so privileged, you have a nice house and a car and your family doesn't have any issues... you're so ungrateful how could you be depressed?"

It happens, alright? Learn how to help instead of pushing them away.

 I spent all day thinking about what could've possibly pushed him to go so far. And I knew he had so many people who cared about him. So many people were sobbing, the teachers looked depressed, his little brother had to come home and realize he would never see his big brother again...it was a hard time. All I can do now is hope he is happier now then he was before.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Started: May 2018

Ended: December 2018

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This is my original work, don't fucking copy it.

Copyright @ ItsAllAsh