10k Bonus Chapter

A/N: I am posting this in honor of The Suicide Hotline hitting 10k reads and 1k votes!!! I am so excited, you have no idea. I never thought we would ever get this far when I started this story in May of 2018. Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU, to everyone who has ever commented, voted, or added this story to a reading list. I see all of it, and it just ugh it's so freaking awesome.

***************************************************************************************

3 years later, on January 5th, 2021...

"DARLING I, WILL, BE LOVING YOOOUU TILL WE'RE SEVENTY!"

"Parker! Stop singing!"

"AND BABY MY, HEART, COULD STILL FALL AS, HARD AT TWENTY-THREE!"

"Oh god, please help me!"

"AND I'M THINKING 'BOUT HOW PEOPLE FALL IN LOOOVE IN MYSTERRIOUS WAYS!"

"AAAGGGHHH....."

"MAYBE JUST THE TOUCH OF A HAAAND!"

"Parker! You have many talents, but singing is not one of them!"

"OH ME I FALL IN LOVE WITH YOU EVERRRY SINGLE DAY!! AND I JUST WANNA TELL YOOOU I AAAAM!!"

Aurora laughed so hard she couldn't breath as her ridiculous boyfriend continued singing loudly off-key, trying to match the Ed Sheeran song blasting on the radio. When he saw how uncontrollably Aurora was laughing, he grinned impishly at her and continued.

"KISS ME UNDER THE LIGHT OF A----OH, SHIT!!"

"PARKER!!!"

Parker slammed the breaks as he accidentally ran a red light. The car that had nearly hit them honked furiously, wheels screeching as they drove around the car. Aurora had the wind knocked out of her when her seat belt had locked. She gasped for air, wincing when the seat belt dug into her neck. She turned to Parker, eyes wide and panting. It had happened so quickly her brain was still processing what had happened.

"Parker! Keep your eyes on the road!!!" She shrieked as she swatted his arm.

"Yes ma'am." Parker responded seriously, complete with a mock salute. Aurora exhaled through her nose, slumping back into her seat as she switched off the radio.

"Where are we going?" She asked him for what felt like the tenth time. Parker smiled before shaking his head.

"Here's a hint: I'm not telling you."

"Fine, I just hope I live long enough to get there." At her retort, Parker scoffed, looking offended.

"What are you talking about? I am a great driver." She gave him a look.

"I'm an okay driver?" Another look.

"Okay.....I'm just a driver."

*****************************

Fifteen minutes later, they pulled into the woods near Silver Lake. Silver Lake was named for its silvery shine and was a popular location for hikers. Parker opened Aurora's door and smiled at her awed expression.

"Oh, it's so gorgeous!" Aurora said wide-eyed, looking around in wonder. She paused and turned to him. "Why didn't you tell me we were coming here? And why are you dressed up?" She said curiously, eyeing his button-up shirt and dark jeans. She and Parker began walking hand in hand to the trail. Parker shrugged casually, one hand gripping Aurora's and the other clutching a small, velvet box in his pocket.

"Well, I felt bad that I was going to miss your birthday next week because of my business trip, so I wanted to do something special for it in advance." Noticing her stunned expression, he grinned, adding, "Besides, you always plan our trips. I wanted to try to surprise you."