❤️Chap-1❤️

Dr. Aparna Dasgupta, Head of the department of General Medicine and Psychology in Medical College and Hospital, Kolkata.

 Aparna Dasgupta, Head of the department of General Medicine and Psychology in Medical College and Hospital, Kolkata

Dr. Maya Ray Bhattacharya assists her during screening and consultation with the patients.

*******

*******

Dr. Dasgupta entered her cabin hurriedly as she was late today. She smiled at the young woman who was already there...

Dr. Dasgupta: Maya?

Maya: Hi Doctor...

Dr. Dasgupta: Am so sorry...I know am late today...

Maya: It's absolutely fine, Doctor..I have organized the files and we can go out for rounds once you are ready...

Dr. Dasgupta: Let's go then...

They quickly started evaluating the patients who were admitted under her. Dr. Dasgupta was stunned the way Maya tackled different cases with such patience and care. She was never a polite doctor, rather an extremely punctual and a strict one, patients used to be skeptical and scared while asking anything to her for the second time as she hated to repeat herself. She was not bothered and even when she became aware of losing her patients because of her attitude, she remained same. She met Maya 3 years ago in England when Maya was about to get her degree from University of Edinburgh and she was there for a conference. There's something in that girl which caught her attention...She could not see the same amount of dedication and seriousness among the other students. She gave her card to the young girl as she was keen to work in Kolkata and came back. It's almost 2 years Maya started assisting her...she could see a different kind of satisfaction among her patients as they were not scared of her anymore. She has always been blessed to diagnose her patients appropriately but with the help of Maya, she could connect with their mentality as well. It's been more than a year, she became the head of Psychiatric Department as well...and the credit definitely goes to the young girl, who becomes a child with the children, a magic girl with a beautiful smile for all the old-aged patients, a piller of support for the girls who survived rapes and an extraordinary human being for everyone. She just attended the round session with Maya but Maya was the one who interacted, ate and laughed with her patients while she just checked their medicines, therapies, surgeries....injections.