Chap-8

It was almost 10 but Jai did not turn up...Maya was getting impatient with time..she probably tried 100 times to reach him..first it was ringing...after sometime it was out of reach. She tried Arnab's number as well but it was switched off

Thamma: Munai realx..

Maya: How can I relax Thamma, he said he was about to reach but he has not come yet...

Thamma: Probably he has got some work..

Maya: He should have informed me once (Holding her Thamma's hands tightly) Thamma I hope nothing bad had happened..(Her voice trembled)

Thamma (Patting her head): Joy thik bole..amar meye ta khub tension kore..(Joy is right that my daughter always gets tensed)

Maya hugged her..

Thamma (Caressing her back): Am sure nothing has happened to him..probably he is stuck somewhere...Why don't you call Sabyasachi once, he might know where is Joy..

Maya: No Thamma..Kaku will get anxious too..he knows Joy is going to stay with us today...

Thamma: Alright..we will wait for him then...

Maya: But you eat Thamma, you have medicines to take after dinner...I will eat with him...

Thamma: Aacha (Alright) have some snacks till then...

Maya: I don't feel like having, Thamma...

Thamma: Okay...but come with me and give me company...

Maya: My company? you have some serials to watch na...I will get bored..

Thamma (Making a sad face): You know my favorite serial "Sindoor er Dibbi" ("Swearing on Vermillion") ended yesterday that I used to watch at dinner time...😔

Maya (Controlling her laughter): Oh..that's sad, Thamma..

Thamma: It ended awfully..but it's alright...I have got another one to watch😍

Maya: What...? You already got another one...you are impossible, Thamma...

Her Thamma smirked and pulled Maya with her...

--------------------------------------------------------

It was almost 1.30 but no sign of Jay yet...Maya kept on trying his number but it was still unreachable...She was praying... that ....he was safe and sound...She was in the balcony...waiting for his arrival...waiting for his black i20 to show up. She looked at the empty streets...only few people can be seen..She tried to shrug off all the bad thoughts that almost started haunting her. She finally decided to call Meena, Arnab's wife...if he is at home. She picked it up in the last ring..

Meena (Sleepily): Hello...

Maya: Meena...Maya here...am so sorry to bother you at this time...actually I wanted to ask something...

Meena (In a bored manner): Go ahead..

Maya: Is Arnab at home? I mean Joy has not come yet and have tried their numbers..

Meena: Are you and Jay back together?

Maya was least interested in answering such interfering questions and Meena had been always like that..more curious to know about other lives..

Maya: I just wanted to confirm if Arnab has come..

Meena: He has not come back yet ..(and immediately after she cut the call)

Maya was a little surprised to see her attitude..how she was not bothered that her husband was still outside..

Thamma: Ki bollo o Munai ? (What did she say, Munai?)