01| behind the trees

01; behind the trees

A deep, dangerous growl emerged from amongst the wolves as they wordlessly cleared a path with their heads bowing down for their king. The alpha stepped forward, taking his stand in front of his warriors. He stood tall, glaring and baring his teeth at his opponent. The warriors watched as the leader of the intruding group cowered slightly at the sight of their alpha.

Go home, this fight will do you no good. The alpha growled again, nodding his head forward.

It was understood by all what the alpha meant. Yet, the wolves did not move from their spots.

Normally, Alpha Valius would give them another warning before acting on the rogues but he wasn't in the mood for patience today. To be frank, his wolf has been rather restless lately and it's been affecting his mood.

These pups, they were on his land. Uninvited. On the very soil of the king's land. Foolish as they were, it was too late for them now. These pups were looking for a fight they could never win. And for challenging the king on his home ground, he would make sure they never return. His pupils shifted into a bright shade of gold.

Kill them.

As soon as the command was brought across, the warriors charged forward, ready to tear down their foes. So did the alpha himself, taking on the leader first.

The leader was an easy target. The alpha lunged at the smaller wolf's neck and with a bite, the leader dropped dead on the ground. His blood dripped from the alpha's mouth onto his own lifeless body. He was never born to be a leader after all.

At the sight of their alpha's defeat, the other rogues tried to break free from the warriors and flee. However, they were all killed before anyone could get away. Never leave a chance for revenge.

Alpha Valius was a majestic-looking beast in wolf form. His massive body was covered by thick and luscious silver fur with grey tips.

He was a ruthless leader and for that, he made a successful one. His pack members were always safe because of his reputation. At the young age of twenty-four, he had made a name for himself and risen above all the other Alphas in power. Nobody messed with the blood king, for messing with him would be messing with death.

As soon as everyone presented had finished off with the unwanted guests, Alpha Valius dismissed them back to their training. His wolf was getting more on the edge by the second and it was frustrating him.

The mass run is canceled. I'm going alone.

The alpha mind linked his beta. The beta nodded at his alpha in response and without wasting more time, the alpha took off into the deeper part of the forest.

+    +    +

With all eyes trained on the mysterious woman, the crowd continued to speak amongst themselves in hushed whispers. The whispers had not stopped since she had entered their borders a week ago. They all watched from afar as their alpha chatted with the mysterious lady in close proximity.

"It is not safe out there now, especially not for a female rogue," Alpha Kyle said, looking at Chelsea pointedly.

Chelsea nodded halfheartedly, "I am aware."

Suddenly, Alpha Kyle grabbed Chelsea's elbow, bringing both of them to a stop from their stroll. "look, why not stay here?"

"This is my pack, you don't have to worry about not fitting in or being a burden here. You'll be safe here too. I can easily make you a pack member," he continued.