22

She was feeling devastated.

It had been a whole week, a whole week since he last sent her a voice message, a whole week of ignoring him, a whole week of locking herself in a room and not talking to anyone. All she had been doing is crying her eyes out, blaming herself for everything that has been happening.

She was not like this. She has never shed a tear for a guy. Her relationships hardly last for a week. She promised herself never to fall in love because love is just a waste of time and emotions. It breaks a person to the point where they end their lives not seeing a point in living anymore and those who walk past that phase becomes a very cold hearted person. But all of her thinking flew out of the window when one sunny morning, her eyes landed on one of the best specimen she has ever seen.

It was very rare in Canada to have a sunny morning and it was that day of the year. Sun was shining brightly in the sky making it a perfect opportunity for her to go and take a walk in the park. She was not a morning person, but after her fifth breakup in two months, she needed to clear her head out and set her standard straight. She walked towards the park chanting in her head that love and relationships were just a waste of time, but what she didn't expect was jumping into a guy who was going to make heart fail.

His hands were ruffling his brown hair and his black eyes were twinkling in the sunny light. He was wearing a loose red sleeveless t-shirt and grey track pants. His head 'hummed' to the music he was listening and she just stood and stare at him forgetting the fact that he was running towards her.

They bumped making her fall on her butt. He offered his hand and mumbled sorry before running away. She never believed in love at first sight, until then.
Never did she thought that he would accidentally call her and make all her wishes come true.

'It was all destined.' She had thought.

Little did she know she was going to mess up everything. She didn't know it was him until the day he mentioned his college name and Brody. She decided to maintain distance with him because she did not want her heart to get shattered into pieces once again, but he was everything she has never thought.

On that night of party, she was not planning on getting drunk at all because we all know that drunk people speaks truth. But when his lips were so close to hers, the red flag in her heart and mind started going off and she thought it was best to just get drunk and forget. What she didn't know was he was keeping an eye on her every step in the party because he knew that guys had their eyes fixed on her and he didn't want no harm.

He fell in love instantly with her when he met her that afternoon in the same park. He instantly fell in love with her personality, her sarcasm, her bluntness, her thoughts, her pure heart and especially her quality of always saying truth. He thought he knew everything about her in those two weeks, but all her thinking went wrong when he came to know that she was Mia.

His Margarita was his Mia.

His heart broke into tiny pieces and each piece wanting an answer. He called her again and again and again only to find it unreachable. He still loved her, but wanted to know the truth.

'Why'd she lie to me?' He thought every day only to create a huge mess in his head.

He thought his love story has ended before even starting. He was drowned into his own sorrow and misery when his phone started ringing and her name flashed on the screen. His mood immediately brightened up and he received the call in the eagerness to get all of his answers.

"Hel—"

"Get the fuck out of my room Jacob! I want to stay alone!"

"That's what you have been doing this past whole week. You need to get up, take a good bath and have a good fuck."

His fist tightened on the thought of her in bed with someone else.

"Jacob, please—"

"No, Mia! All you did this past few days is get yourself locked in your room and eat shit load of icecream, getting fat in the process and bawling your eyes out for someone you didn't have the guts to admit your true feelings."

"He hates me."

"He loves you, Mia."

"No, he doesn't."

"Just call him and make amendments with him and if he shows attitude, we can kidnap him and get you married."

She laughed at the weird thought of her best friend making him smile because it took him the total of seven days to get her laugh. Jake silently listened everything they were saying not making a sound.

"Why don't you just tell him that you have been in love with him since forever?"

His heart stopped beating for a second when he heard the word 'love'. A hope built inside him and a smile spread on his lips.

"Are you crazy? Do you want him to think I am some clingy girl who fell in love with him at first sight?"

"You did fell for him, so— Geez, woman! No need to slap!"

He snickered on the other line making her aware of someone's presence in the room other than them. Then her eyes landed on her phone and her eyes widened. She started panicking and jumping up and down her bed.

"Oh my god, oh my god, oh my god—"

"Stop panicking and fucking talk to him! I taught you better than this."

This earned him another slap making him groan in pain. That girl could actually hit like a guy. With shaking hands, she put the phone on her ears and mumbled a small, "Hello?"

"When were you going to say?"

"Say what?"

"That you were in love with my amazing face."

"I knew you were going to brag about it!"

"What can I say? I have this effect on every girl."

"You fucking pr—"

"But do you know the difference between you and the other girls?"

"What?"

"You have my heart and they don't."

And that is how ladies and gentlemen you propose to someone without the fear of rejection.

"I love you, Mia."

"I love you too, Jake."

•••••••

Consider this chapter as a short thank you gift from me to all of you.

Spread this story with all your friends and let's cross the mark of 1K and bring this story in the top ten!

Hugs and kisses.