C h a p t e r 1

Chapter 1

Meet Lien

Viktor's POV

•••

For many murder is illegal, for me it's an art.

The blood is the paint,
and I'm the artist.

This world teaches you a lot of things. For me it taught not to trust. Even if someone is trustworthy.

My name is Viktor Ovich.

I'm a hitman.

I kill people, and always get the job done no matter what.
You however, should stay the fuck out of my way unless you have a death wish.

•••

21/02-2018
12.00 pm

"I want them all gone Viktor" Dima spoke as I took another sip from my whisky. "This is the second attack they attempt this fucking month!" He yelled as I tried studying what the situation was.

Meet Dima Amelin, the worlds most feared mafia boss. Controls more than half of the world's mafia organizations, hitman contracts, imports and exports of drugs and weapons.
Dimitri lives in Los Angeles but travels a lot to Russia too. We help eachother out often, I have done a few jobs for him and still am, and it looks pretty good so far.

I'm sure he wouldn't sacrifice his life for me, but I wouldn't either.

Not for any one.

"Where was the last attack?" I asked trying to understand the rival's technique to know what I was up against.

"At my fucking home, where Lien is supposed to be safe!" He yelled getting really worked up.

"Who the hell is Lien?" I asked not recognizing the name.

"My daughter.. but she wasn't there that night. We never told her" He spoke as his mood seemed to change a bit. He wasn't yelling anymore. He didn't even look me in the eyes. She has history behind her. But he didn't want to talk about it, if I had to guess she isn't his biological, since he isn't married or in any kind of relationship I'm aware of. I know that he is smart enough to not start a family and give others leverage to hold against him.

"How did they attack?" I asked.

"Explosives" He replied making me let out a small chuckle.

"What's so funny?" He asked seeming annoyed.

"You need me to take care of cowards who won't even fight face to face?" I chuckled amused at how the world's most feared man behaved.

"Says the hitman" He fired back.

"You see, I'm a hitman. I'm supposed to hit and run, that's my job. They on the other hand are a mafia organization. They are supposed to stand their grounds and protect their territory, not throw a bomb and hide" I said leaning back in my chair knowing that this would be easier than what I thought.
An enemy's tactic says a lot about them. You see, I would have thought that they were brave and intelligent had they used the bombs as plan A and kept a ground team as plan B. That would tell me more than any thing else could about them. This however is just children's play. A 10 years old would be capable of getting ahold of a bomb and throwing it in a house.

"Okay sheakspeare, stop fucking around. I want them gone as soon as possible" He said as I took another sip from my ice cold drink.

"I need information. Names, addresses, anything to work with" I replied.