C h a p t e r 4

Swipe for song !

•••

Chapter 4

How Long

Lien's POV

04/03-2018 18

04/03-2018
18.30

"When are you flying there?" I asked hoping he was giving me a heads up at least.

"In 3 days"

"What!?"

"It's an emergency"

And just like that it got quiet. I looked down at the floor with my fists closed and squeezing tightly. I could feel my nails dig into my skin.

I can't handle losing another father.

"What will happen to me?" I asked trying to hide how I was actually feeling.

"I know that you don't want to leave college on the first year and will say no to moving with me, so I thought you could stay. But, triple security and you're going to have a guest living there until I come back" he said making my mind work really hard trying to figure out who.

Dima never really brought a partner home that often, so I didn't know many of them well enough to live with them and be so casual about it.

But that's when it hit me like a ton of bricks.

"Wait.. you're hiring someone to babysit me-?"

"Don't put it that way" he cut me off.

"And that someone is someone I have talked to twice in my life?!" I said with almost steam getting out of my nose and ears.
"You cannot be serious now" I added trying to hold myself from yelling but failing miserably.

"I can't leave you alone and you know that"

"Oh but am I ever alone? I have people around me all the time.. and you won't be long.. will you?" I said which ended up as a question as my voice broke at the end.

"I don't know. Until we find out who's behind everything and get them off the table I need to be there with my people"

"Behind what? What are you even talking about?" I cried out because this made no sense so far.

"Look I don't want to scare you, but there has been a few attacks on our places. People have been crossing our territories and we don't know who it is yet. They have been messing our stuff and shipments up. Sometimes it's just to get a message across, but others it's to hurt us" Dima explained as I remembered this morning.

Christ.

"What exactly do you mean when you say 'messing up'?" I asked hoping it's not what I'm thinking.