C h a p t e r 2

Chapter 2

Meet Viktor

Lien's POV

•••

21/02-2018
6.30 am

I woke up with the sunlight from the window in my eyes. I rolled around the bed, but I knew I eventually had to get up. Might as well do it now.

My name is Lien, just Lien.

I don't like to use my second name. It's too much of a mess to explain, and it always leads to a discussion I don't want to have.

I'm 19, so I still go to college, I don't mind it though. I actually love it. I'm currently majoring in Psychology and art.
It may sound very odd to some, so I basically just call it art therapy. Drawing and painting has just been something I always did, and studying a humans thoughts and desires has always been so extraordinarily intriguing, so I thought why the hell not. This is still my first year, so I have 3 more to go before graduating.

I got up from my bed and wrapped my silk robe around my body, I headed to the bathroom to take a quick shower.

I headed in letting my hair fall down from the bun that it was put into, but a loud noise coming from downstairs made me stop. I decided to go check it out since I knew Dima was still at home.

I walked down with my robe wrapped around my body which I soon found out wasn't the brightest idea because of how cold it was down here.
For some reason the only warm room in this house was mine.
The rest of the house was almost freezing, maybe because no one was in the here usually, and well who would be here anyways?
It's just me and Dima who live here, and with the guards of course. He barley spends time here either.

"что ты, черт возьми, хочешь? это наша территория!" I heard Dima shout in Russian. I didn't speak much Russian, but from all my years living with him I had caught a few words from that sentence such as "what the fuck", "our" and "territory" so It can't be that good, especially not with him sounding like this.

As soon as Dima spotted me, he ended the call. Knowing him it's not to scare me with all of the buisness talk.

"Good morning Lien" He said quickly forcing a smile to appear on his face.

"Good morning Dima, what's up?" I asked already knowing he won't really tell me.

"Some business дерьмо" He said with his thick accent once again. Oh yeah, 'shit', I got that too.

"Clarissa made breakfast, go eat if you want" He said smiling as if it wasn't an everyday routine for years now. I really appreciated how he always wanted to be there for me, and he truly tried but I don't think it will ever replace what I lost.

"I was thinking about taking a shower first, but I'll soon. Unless you're gonna eat now I can always join you" I said not wanting him to somehow feel what I was thinking and feeling.

"It's fine, you go kid, I won't be home till late so don't wait for me for dinner okay?" He asked and I tried not to show that It effected me. He was really busy all the time. I couldn't hold him back from work just be to needy, so I just nodded with a smile on my face hoping he bought it.

"Hug before I go?" I said as I quickly ran to him wrapping my arms around him as he did the same.

"Bye kiddo" He spoke.

"Bye Dima" I replied one last time before heading back up again. I knew it kind of hurt him that I didn't call him 'dad' or 'father', but I just couldn't bring myself to it. Even if I was like a daughter to him, and he was like a father to me.

After a long hot shower, I blow dried my hair and let it fall on the shoulders of the hoodie I had put on with booty shorts after the shower. I went downstairs and grabbed a quick bite before deciding to head to my very own cave. My art room.

I stood up chewing the last piece of food in my mouth while walking over to the sink and washing my hands, and soon after I was up in my room trying to find a hair elastic to keep my hair out of the way for later on. When I finally did find one I realized I had forgotten my phone downstairs, great I don't even need a workout anymore because of all the damn stairs in this house.

I ran down the stairs hoping it's the last time for the day and went to grab my phone where I had left it on the table when I looked down at my hands noticing how dry they were. Gosh I really gotta start wearing gloves because of all the paint..
Before I even had time to think of what exactly was causing my hands to be this crappy I felt myself walking into something large and hard. I almost lost my balance but a pair of big and strong hands snaked around my waist and held me from hitting the floor. I looked up to discover a pair of blue hypnotic eyes staring right into my soul. They were so bright and outstanding making them look almost silver. They looked like they could uncover every single thought you had in your mind with just one look.

He had a light beard around his lips giving him a mature and older look, but he didn't look that old overall. Just as I stood there I noticed that I was still in his embrace, and I had my arms wrapped around him too. Holy he had a muscular body. He helped me stand up, only to open his mouth and have my knees feel weak again.

"My apologizes" His husky voice said but I just stared into his eyes unable to speak.

"Viktor meet lien, my daughter" Dima's voice rang as I could hear his footsteps coming closer towards us.

But we just stood thre staring into each others eyes, no one saying a word anymore. After a few seconds, that felt like hours he snapped out of it.

"I'll get going" He said removing his gaze from me and looking at Dima before turning around and walking. And I just stod there, until I saw him exit the mansion, and I couldn't spot him anymore.

"Who is he?" I asked still looking towards the door.

"A business partner" Dima spoke.

Of course, everyone Dima knows is involved in that damn business, and based on the tone Dima said that in, I knew what kind of buisness he meant.

He kills, he is a killer.

•••

Chapter 3 is out!