Entry 20

2nd September, XXXX

Something interesting... That's something interesting indeed. 

When I entered the throne room. Lord Bentley was there too. 

Sebastian was sitting on the throne. When he saw me, he stood up and led me to the throne next to his, the Queen's throne. He motioned me to sit down. 

"It's the Queen's throne. I am not your Queen."

"You are," he replied. 

"I am not."

"You are." As if tired of arguing with me, he placed his hand on my elbow and ushered me to sit down. 

I did not even bother to fight him. 

I was sitting on the throne. It's been a long time. The last time I sat there, I died. 

"Your majesty, is there a reason why I summoned?" Lord Bentley asked reverently. He sneaked a peak at me, the lady who is not the Queen sitting on the Queen's throne. 

"What do you think, Lord Bentley?"

"Your majesty?"

"You'll know in a while." Sebastian gave him a lazy smile. 

Lord Bentley froze, apparently surprised by the fact that Sebastian smiled. 

That was when footsteps rang outside the huge mahogany door. The door pushed open.

"Sebastian! Arerin is now mine!" The former prince known as Lucien shouted. 

"Is it?" Sebastian asked with his emotionless voice. 

"Don't you understand? You fool! And people always praise you. Said you were a perfect prince and I needed to learn from you. Ha. What nonsense. See how I beat you! This kingdom is now mine!"

"Is it?" Sebastian reiterated as if he was entertaining a lunatic. Maybe he was. 

"Of course! Bentley here took over the castle. Good job, Bentley. You worked quicker than planned. Where are your guards, Sebastian? Where are your servants? Anyone coming to protect you? Their king? They all ran away! Felicity and I walked in here without anyone stopping me. This castle isn't what I'm used to, not enough gold. But I'll see to that." 

What was this stupid prince saying? Lord Bentley looked even paler than before. He started to tremble, his forehead peppered with sweat. 

"That's not true, your majesty. I... I don't know this guy!"

"No one is asking you, Lord Bentley," Sebastian replied in a clipped tone. Like this whole farce had nothing to do with him. Like Lucien was not making claims to his kingdom. 

Lord Bentley trembled more vigorously at Sebastian's words. 

Lucien eyed Lord Bentley like an idiot and rolled his eyes. "Bentley, you don't have to act in front of this failure. We have succeeded! I'll be King in a second and you who have helped me this much, will be the Duke. Felicity, dear, you will be Queen. That beautiful throne is yours."

Felicity smiled demurely and fluttered her eyelashes. 

I wanted to throw up. The thought of that girl sitting on the Queen's throne disgusted me. 

Did Sebastian invite me here just to see history repeats itself? No, that did not seem right.

Lucien said the guards all ran away. But that's not possible. When I walked to the throne room, everything was normal. 

Could things change this much in mere minutes? I doubt that. Even in my previous life, when people revolted with Lucien, there were still many loyal knights and guards determined to fight back. It's till the very last, when Sebastian got trapped by Felicity's luck that he ordered all knights to go away.