Chapter 1

-Avril's POV-

I got off the train, walking towards the house Gage told me to go to. I walked faster as I saw the huge gray house in front of me. I stopped at the door, hesitating.

I was really here. At Gage's house. A place I thought I'd never go to.

I raised my hand to knock, but the door opened, revealing a boy with blond hair, and gray eyes. Instantly, I recognized him. It was Gage.

"Avril? I was just coming to pick you up." He said, as I embraced him in a teary hug.

"They were mean to me, Gage. Jerks!" I cried into his chest, tears misting in my eyes.

"Come on. I'll introduce you to my friends." Gage said softly, breaking the hug. I slid my hand into his with a shaky smile, before letting him lead me into the house.

Gage lead me to the living room, where four guys sat, joking and laughing. My heart broke. They reminded me so much of Aden and his friends, the people who bullied me the most.

"Guys, there's someone I want you to meet. I've been telling you about her, remember?" Gage spoke up, causing all of their heads to whip to me. They looked at me, confused, before turning to Gage. I noticed that two were identical. Twins.

"Hi." I said quietly, my eyes averted.

"These are Derek, Shane, Jesse, and Silas." Gage said.

"Hey." One of the twins said. "I'm Shane. Don't get me confused for my dim witted brother, Jesse."

The other twin, Jesse, pouted. "I am not the dim witted one. Only a dim wit would think I'm dim-witted."

Jesse and Shane both hair short brown hair, and greenish eyes. I would be having trouble telling the difference between them.

"I'm Derek." A guy with sandy blond hair and gray eyes said.

"That would make me Silas." A guy with black hair and blue eyes like mine said.

"I'm Avril." I said weakly, in a cracked voice.

"So, what, are you Gage's little bed toy?" Jesse asked with a smirk.

I turned red. How would they get to that so quickly?!

"Jesse! I-its not like that!" Gage cried, while the other boys laughed at our reaction.

I looked to Gage, once the color remained normal in my face. Gage was full on flushed, looking at the ground. He reminded me of Aden, before he turned evil. Shy, often blushing, embarrassed. I missed my old Aden.

"You look like Aden." I muttered to Gage. That snapped Gage out of his embarrassment.

He rounded on me, backing me to the wall. A few of the guys whooped, thinking Gage was going to kiss me, or something. Gage put his hands on the wall, at both sides of my head. He caged me in.

"Don't ever compare me to that ass-face of a brother you have. You know, I am nothing like that jerk-"

"I meant before he turned crap evil." I replied, pushing Gage away from me slightly. "Besides, I know nobody is as mean as my brother and his friends...E-especially after t-today."

I started to break down. I slumped to the ground, putting my head in my hands, willing the tears to dry.

"Whats wrong, Avril?" All the guys asked, as I shook at the thought of today. I had been rejected by my mate. In front of the school, in front of my brother, because I wasn't slutty enough, because I wasn't pretty, or stick thin.