Chapter 12

-Avril's POV-

Biggest. Mistake. Ever.

My wolf was howling in joy at the fact that she may get a mate today, while I was flipping out over Landon's wolf's size, and reassuring Gage I wouldn't lose. Even though I sounded convincing, it took all I had to keep myself from shaking in my boots. I was never scared of a fight ever in my life.

Ready? I asked Landon in a shaky voice.

He barked in response, and charged at me.

I dodged, flipping around to see Landon leering at me. We circled each other, feigning attacks, until I jumped back, and dived for Landon. He jumped to the side, thinking he'd avoided me, when in reality, he'd jumped right into my plan. I tackled him from the side, causing both of us to roll for the top position. I nipped and bit at him, drawing blood, when I snapped at his jaw. He didn't bite at me, for whatever reason, but did claw at me, and tried to pin me.

Tried is the key word.

Before he could pin me, I slid from his reach, panting as my wolf fought for control. Before I could regain control, Landon tackled me, pinning me to the ground. It took me a second to realize what happened. Landon had pinned me. He'd won.

Oh...Crap. I thought, feeling nauseous.

Avril? Avril, are you okay? Landon asked in my mind, licking the side of my face..

...Maybe I shouldn't have had breakfast. I muttered, pushing him off of me, and running into the woods, still in my wolf form.

I stopped, and before I could stop myself, I changed back, and lost my breakfast. I wiped my mouth, before stumbling around. After wandering through the thick green forest, I came to a pond, with crystal blue water inviting me over. The mud felt good under my feet as I waded into the pond, splashing water on my face.

My wolf was howling and panting in joy. He's gonna mark us, She kept on saying. And we'll have his pups, and rule Moon Bane, and live happily ever after.

I growled at her. WE WILL NOT LIVE HAPPILY EVER AFTER! THIS ISN'T A FAIRYTALE, HE'S NO PRINCE. I WAS STUPID TO LET YOU TALK ME INTO BETTING WITH HIM. YOU MADE ME LOSE, AND NOW I'LL BE TIED TO THAT ASSHOLE FOR THE REST OF MY LIFE! YOU SHOULD BE ASHAMED! I yelled at her.

She whimpered, going quiet. I collapsed in the pond, sitting on my bottom, while I waited for my heart to stop accelerating. A rustle came from some bushes, and out appeared Gage and Landon. I growled at them, but sat in the water, not caring if they could see my naked body through the water.

"Go away. I'm busy being pissed off." I growled at them.

Landon hesitated, while Gage just waded into the pool, the water up to his knees.

"You don't have to leave the pack, just because of some bet." He said.

Landon nodded in agreement. I pouted, giving him a stern look. I wasn't stupid, I knew I couldn't stay in Nightshade.

"But I have to. You're an alpha, he's an alpha, and his pack can't be ruled by a third in command. One of you'd have to lose your pack, or I'd have to leave Nightshade." I grumbled, pouting in the lake.

"You don't have to go through with the bet-" Landon started, but I cut him off.

"Yes, I do. I made a promise to the twins, and Gage, and all of my boys that I wouldn't lie, and I made a bet, and I lost. If I don't go through with it, it'll be the same thing as lying about what the prize of the bet was. So therefore I fucked up. Bad." I growled at myself. "Stupid wolf, making me lose."