Chapter 22

Sorry about the short previous chapter. This one is longer. Anyways, Read on!

-Claudia's POV-

I slowly descended the stairs, walking behind the two men that held buckets of water. I, on the other hand, had to push a cart with food. Alpha was regretful for being rough on Avril, so he's insisting to treat her nice while she's in the cell. But knowing the boys in front of me, if she's awake, they'll bug her, because she's beautiful.

We reached the bottom of the stairs, walking to the cell that held Gage and Avril. I stopped in front of the door, sliding a plate with a dome over it between the bars. I followed with another, before taking the buckets from the two men, and placing them next to the plates. I tossed two rags and a bar of soap into each bucket, before looking at the mattress.

And froze.

Avril was snuggled up to Gage, in nothing but a thin nightgown on her. She was going to freeze down here! I dragged the two men upstairs, before telling them to go to their own room. Then I bolted for Alpha's room.

"Alpha, Avril's going to freeze down there. Can I bring her a blanket? Her only source of warmth is Gage." I said in a rush, getting Alpha's attention.

His eyes narrowed, his jaw clenching. He looked at me. "What do you mean Gage is her only heat source?" His tone was dangerous.

I gulped, backing down instinctively. "Well, she's keeping near Gage, but she's still shivering."

For a long moment, neither of us spoke. When I was starting to think he hadn't heard me, he spoke up. "Get her a good blanket. The kind we use on my bed."

I nodded vigorously, before leaving to fetch Avril a blanket.

-Landon's POV-

I awoke with a throbbing all over my body. I slowly sat up, to find myself back in my bed. Instinctively, I looked to the nightstand, where Avril usually puts breakfast. And froze. There were no plates, and her side of the bed was perfectly made. Which it never is. I bolted out of bed, my eyes rimming with red at the memory of yesterday. They took her from me! My wolf growled, before speaking to me.

They took our mate, our pup. I am going to rip their throat out! He growled, fighting for control.

Before he could gain control, the door to the room opened, and in strode Aden. He looked bewildered, but when he saw me, his face turned calm.

"They took her." I growled at him. "They my mate and my pup."

Aden nodded, walking to me.

"I've been contacting nearby packs, and none of them have reported any crazed members kidnapping a pregnant girl, so there's only one thing that could've happened." Aden said. "Rogues."

My wolf growled, trying to take control. He was always like this when it came to Avril's safety. I swear, her running with scissors is enough to set him off.

"How long have I been out?" I asked.

"A week. Maybe two. Enough time for another female to go missing." Aden replied.

I stiffened up. Were the rogues attacking my pack, starting with the easiest prey?

"Whose missing also?" I asked, my voice coming out stone hard.

"Claudia."

-Avril's POV-

I awoke to a sharp pain in my abdomen, with the feeling of wetness. I called Gage's name, but alas, he wasn't here. Another sharp pain came up my back, making me feel woozy. I let out a scream, which was enough to get someone's attention.