Kakariko Village

Hello everyone! Welcome to my first  Legend of Zelda Fic! I'm super excited for this! Anyway, without further ado, the story!   

~Paya's Pov~

A smooth, warm breeze carried through the air scents of wildflowers and rain. Paya hummed peacefully, enjoying the approach of summer. She sat upon a hill behind her grandmother's abode, watching Link train the many village youths to defend themselves. "Now, parry!" He shouted, his voice carrying through the fields. The young girl he had been instructing, Cotla, missed the cue, leaving her right side defenseless. Koko lept at her sister with a fearsome scream, then whacked Cotla with her tree branch sword. Cotla screamed angrily," Hey! That hurt!" Paya, stood up, trotting over to the girls she called out," Kids! Link! Why not take a break and get some refreshments? I can run down to village quickly, you wait here." The kids smiled and thanked her, sitting down to take a breath. Link trotted over to Paya's side, "Mind if I join you?" She nodded profusely, intently aware of the fire red blush crawling up her face. Despite him being the Hero of Hyrule, he still spent plenty of time interacting with the locals of every town city or village he'd visited. "Master Link, I'm so glad that you've begun working with Koko and Cotla. Ever since their mother passed, they have been quite rowdy. They miss her terribly... As do I. She was like a mother to me, in my own mother's absence. I hope I can be to them what she was to me." She said softly, her silver hair fluttering in the breeze. Link sighed, and halted, they had made it halfway to the village. He turned to face her, his azure eyes dark in the shadow of the valleys. "They adore you Paya. They talk about wishing to make you proud before every sparring match.You're doing quite wonderfully, Paya. And please, just Link." Paya nodded and repeated, "Just Link. Got it." she turned again, unable to look my in the eyes any longer. As they approached the village she was greeted by a fretful Dorain. "Miss Paya! Master Link! Thank the goddess you have arrived! The heirloom has been stolen!" He shouted pointing to Impa's house. Paya and Link raced forward, taking the steps two at a time. Once they had pushed open the doors they were greeted with a most unexpected surprise.  Princess Zelda stood before her grandmother. Paya and Link immediately dropped to one knee. "You may rise, Link. Paya." Zelda said, smiling at each of them. "I come with urgency. The Divine Beasts... They need pilots. They cannot be commanded by me alone. You must find Champions." She said. Link  hesitated a moment, then asked, "Me?" She nodded. "You. And... And Paya." Paya gasped. Me?! Traveling the world?! With Link!? Alone!? "W-with all d-due r-r-r-respect P-P-P-Princess... I-I-I.... c-c-can't! I've n-never even l-l-left the v-village!" She squeaked, unable to control the stutters in her voice.  She slapped her face into her hands, embarrassed to be unable to complete a sentence without shutting down.  Princess Zelda sighed and placed her hands on her hips. "Please just cooperate, Paya. You'll love it! The adventure, the clothes, the cuisine! It'll be great exposure for you." Paya sighed. She shook her head again, still unable to remove it from her hands. Link placed a hand reassuringly on her shoulder. She let out a small scream. "I-I-I can't! I d-d-d-d-don't e-e-e-even k-know how to f-f-f-f-fight..." She lifted her head slightly, holding it so she could see her grandmother, the Princess and Link. He smiled reassuringly at her. Zelda was staring intently. "Paya, only you can enter Gerudo town," Link snorted irritably, "Legally." She finished, rolling her eyes at Link's objection. Paya clenched both of her fists, digging her nails into her palms. "I-I-I am h-h-honored, P-Princess. I-I'll d-d-do my b-best..." She mumbled, again aware of the eyes upon her and Link's hand resting on her shoulder. She straightened her posture, squared her shoulders, and said,"When do w-we b-begin?"