The Returning

Hey! its been a g e s-

sorry bout that....

Thnx for 300 views tho :0

uhhhhhhh yeah lets dive right in?

Paya stood, ashamed in herself. She'd ruined her romance, with no benefits, nor reason. She looked over at her companion, Link, who was beginning to stir.

"Wh-what?" He mumbled, pushing himself up into a sitting position. "Where am I?" he asked sluggishly, rubbing his eyes.

"The Tabantha Bridge stable. You blacked out." Paya informed him, looking down at her feet. Link gazed around the room, before grimacing and crawling from underneath the covers. He stood shakily, leaning on the bedpost. Taking a breath, he began searching for his boots.

"Don't just stand there, Paya, we need to get going." He hissed.

"Link, with all due respect, you need re-" She began, only to have her words cut off.

"No, Paya. I'm fine. We need to get going." He snapped. Bending down to grab his boots. 

"Link, I insis-" She began again, to no avail.

"Paya, please cut the crap, and help me pack." He snarled, jamming his left foot into the boot.

"No." She said firmly, crossing her arms over her chest. Link rolled his eyes, putting on the other boot in the same aggressive manner. He rose shortly after, limping over to the bags. He picked up his own.

"Paya. Come on." He said quietly.

"No. You're in no condition to travel." She retorted, glaring at him. He glared back, silent as the sands of the desert. He shrugged, and slung his bag over his shoulder. He was pale, and honestly hadn't looked this bad since the Lizalfos attack.

"Paya. I'm serio-" He rambled, desperate for motion.

"So am I. You're in no state to travel. We can head out tomorrow, or the day after, but you need more rest." She said, finality in her voice.

Link was silent, he simply just set down the bag, and moved like a ghost to the bed. Paya watched as he sat down on the edge of the mattress, then placed his head in his hands.

"I need to tell you something, Paya." He said softly, still hiding his face. Paya crossed the room, seating herself next to Link.

"W-what is it?" She asked, glancing over at him. His head still rested in his hands, he continued hesitantly.

"Back in Gerudo Town, I started having these... dreams...  I contacted Zelda, but she said to not be too worried. I decided that this was the best course of action, though after the Lizalfos injured you, they started to become more frequent. But this time... When I was unconscious, I had another dream. It was so... vivid..." His voice trailed off distractedly, as he waited for Paya to react.

"W-what d-does that have to d-do with anything, Link?" She whispered, placing her hand on his shoulder. He sat up suddenly, turning to look at her. His blue eyes were unfocused, as he continued.

"I fear... The Calamity may return sooner than any of us could have anticipated. I fear his return will soon be upon us, and Hyrule will be unprepared, as it was hundreds of year ago. We need to prevent this from happening, Paya. We need to get moving." He whispered, his voice quiet but intense.

"W-wait.. Calamity Ganon? He's returning?" She responded, fear sending shivers down her spine. Link nodded gravely.

"The Calamity will have returned in a matter of weeks. We don't have much time." His eyes were still unfocused, his voice soft. Paya had thought this talk of Calamity Ganon was simply because of the bomb arrows, but as she listened to him ramble, she realized that the threat was real.

"The Great Calamity will destroy all of Hyrule." Link whispered, turning away from Paya. "Hyrule will meet it's end."

Urk. it's short. I know. I'm sorry. I just wanted to get something out for any of you avid readers. Pl u s, This chapter  was originally gonna be kinda angsty because of Paya, but like, I didn't want to do that yet. Gonna keep that up my short sleeve for a while, U W U

~Rav