Meeting the Champion Candidates

Hey! Welcome back~  This chapter is gonna be mostly Link's pov , because Paya's gonna be watching while Link does the training and stuff! Okie doo!

~Link's POV~

Link halted, taking a breather. For what felt like the hundredth time, he wiped the sweat from his forehead. Paya sighed angrily. She too wiped sweat from her forehead, then said, "I don't understand why we couldn't use sand seals... They're so much faster..." She whined, doubling over to catch her breath. Link shrugged, "We're almost there anyway. So stop complaining." In a matter of minutes, he and Paya had reached the lookout post. Link knocked hesitantly on the door. It swung out and into his face seconds later. "Hello? Oh! Sorry, did I hit you?" Link groaned, and Paya just nodded. "We're looking for the Champion candidates, are they in there?" Link replied, standing up again, still rubbing the side of his face the door had hit. It reminded him of a time he and Urbosa had been training. They'd been Molduga hunting.

~~~

Link stood before the Gerudo Champion, defiant.

"I'll bet that I can get more Molduga fins than you!" Urbosa said, crossing her arms. She was the very symbol of strength. Physically, emotionally, and mentally.

"No way!  I'm a pro monster hunter, so this is no big deal." Link replied, confidence surging through him. When they'd exited the throne room, Urbosa raced into a closet briefly.  When ten minute had passed, Link knocked, wondering if Urbosa had forgotten the bet. She swung the door open so hard it knocked him off his feet. With an irritated whine he stood up, rubbing his side. "Ouch... Do Gerudo always open doors so aggressively?"

"Yes, because we have the common sense not to stand right on top of the door." She replied, snorting with laughter. Her laugh was infectious, and soon Link was chuckling alongside her.

~~~

Link sighed heavily, grief for Urbosa washing over him. She'd been like the mother he didn't have. Sure, it had been a hundred years, but he still remembered her fondly, in bits and pieces. Paya shoved Link from behind. "Wake up! You fell asleep on your feet!" She hissed, trying to move the short Hylian. "No, I was just... I just remembered something about Lady Urbosa." He said softly, stepping to the side to get out of Paya's way. Paya hummed, clearly happy that his memories were still returning, unlike what Purah had said. Link and Paya entered the room, ready to meet the candidates. There were 3 women standing inside. The girl who had decked Link with the door, she was the smallest, with reddish colored hair. She waved at Link and Paya, looking excited to be there.She's not pure Gerudo, maybe half Hylian?  The second one was slightly taller, with traditional pink hair. She looked overall unimpressed with all of this, Link could tell from her body language and the fact that she was inspecting her nails, like she had been. She hadn't looked up once since Link and Paya had entered the room. Her nails must be truly enthralling. The tallest Gerudo, seemed absolutely scared by the fact that there was a male in the proximity. "Alright, everyone," Link began. Girl number 3 jumped and squeaked fretfully, "I'm Link, and this is Paya. We're gonna ask you girls a few questions, and get to know you. " Girl number 2 sighed heavily, finally looking up," I don't even want to be here," She stated bluntly ," Can I just go?" She crossed her arms, raising an eyebrow at Link. He shrugged, "Sure. Your loss." She shook her head, "Not really." She left, so there was Girl number 1 and Girl number 3 left. Girl number 1 raised her hand, then began talking, "Hi, my name is Sarivia! I'm here because Lady Riju says I need to channel my energy into something productive!" Link asked her a few questions, though he wasn't sure someone so hyper would be a good fit for a Champion.  By the time he'd managed to suffer through all of her painstakingly long and detailed stories, he was even more certain it couldn't be her. The sun had set, even though when they'd arrived it'd been noon. Link told girl number 3, who quietly introduced herself as Marisol, that he'd interview her tomorrow. She then replied, " If it's not too much to ask, could I maybe be interviewed by the young woman? Voe make me a tad nervous."Link nodded, telling her that he'd inform Paya of the questions. She thanked him, then stepped past him, and slipped out of the door. After telling Paya, Link looked outside to see if she'd gone. Marisol, I really hope you warm up to me. I've got hope for you.

AGH IT'S SHORT I KNOW I'M SORRY  BUT LIKE I TOLD YOU IT WAS GONNA BE FILLER......

Y'all better be ready for chapter  9!!