Chapter 8-Worst day

Ella's POV

The intercom on my desk ring.

I wonder who it is? Maybe Mr arrogant finally decided to give me my first assignment of the day. I thought as I answered

"Meet me outside, let me take you out for lunch," Jack spoke when I kept the receiver on my ear.

He hangs up without waiting for my response. But what if I didn't want to go with him? He could have at least waited for an answer from me.

Well... I was relieved that it was only jack and I could also use some company now.

I send a quick message telling my boss I was going for lunch.

He did not reply but I took that as a yes.

I hurried to join Jack outside for lunch.

Lunch went by okay. We got to know each other better.

My boss is his best friend and they have known each other since high school.

Jack is not into relationships more like the player type of guy or the one night type.

I'm the opposite except currently I was on break from relationships after what happened.

and  I think jack is a cool guy. He was funny with his jokes.

At least he is not arrogant or rude like someone I know.

I mistakenly spill juice on my blouse thanks to Jack's silly joke because of which I'm now running late. I hurried towards the elevator. I'm glad nobody is in it and it doesn't have to stop every floor for people to get off.

I pick the ringing phone before it hangs up.

"In my office now." Mr arrogant commanded as the line went dead almost immediately.

This is surely not good

Will I be fired?

Cause he already warns me about lateness.

I'm totally strewed.

With my heart throbbing, I slowly open the door to his office and stepped inside after a light knock.

He seems to be working on his computer as he ignored my presence.

"Goo-" he raises his left hand stopping me from completing the greeting.

I stood awkwardly for him to finish with his work and address me.

He looked up from his computer. Finally.

I felt terrified as his forest green eyes boreholes on me. I quickly  looked down

"Look at me" he snapped and I quickly raise my head to face him.

I'm more than terrified now as I waited for him to say something...
anything.

"When I said no lateness, lunch break inclusive and don't be late even for a second" he finally spoke with his  voice filled with venom

"I'm sorry sir, it will never be -" he cut me off before I could complete my statement.

"Next time it does you don't even bother coming back to this office unless of course to pick your things." He  snapped and I flinched

"Is that understood?" He adds

"Yes sir," I said almost in tears

"Get out," he said without glare at me.

I blinked back the tears that are forcing to Fall as I  walk back to my office.

This is officially my worst day ever.

What did I expect?

I didn't have great expectations on my first day of working here but I sure as hell didn't expect things to go this bad on my first day.

Is barely five hours.

I know I did disobey his rules but this was way too much.

Shouting and snapping at me.

I hate to shout at it because it brought back memories I was trying to erase from my life.

At this moment I decided I was going to do everything his way to avoid been shouted at.

Now I regret quitting my job because of that bastard.

I should have thought about something like this.

But then I could I have known

Ms. Sophia was a very understanding woman, she never shouted at me not even once.

A/N

COMMENT: let me know your thoughts on this chapter.

Love you all