Chapter 1: The Average Life

“We have to pick some demos to put on the album and send them in before we miss the deadline! This is our one shot at making it, and we can’t miss it!” I pleaded.

      Yeah, okay, maybe I should back up. My name is Jessica McNullty and this is my band, “Unforgettable Madness”.  We have Nelly Jackson, the bassist, Molly McDonald, the drummer, and me the lead vocalist and lead guitarist. We have been together ever since the 8th grade talent show, but we have been best friends since about 1st grade. We are now in the 11th grade. So, we were a band for about three years. We have played parties, beaches, school dances, etcetera, and we have been told that we are pretty good and that we should send in some demos to different record companies and we thought.. Well, why not? I thought that it would be fun. We always practice in my parents garage and to actually get out of that damn garage would be like a dream come true. We have been working and writing these demos for a good three months, We wanted them to be perfect. We wrote about 16 songs for it, but we are only putting ten on the C.D. and we only need one more.

      “What about Don’t Forget Me?” Nelly suggested.

      “Nah, we have enough slow songs on there” I said.

      “Forget You, Forever?” Molly said.

      “I like that one but we have a break up song…” I hesitated.

      “What about ‘Now or Never’” I said

      “Good one, good one. I liked that one. What about you, Nell?”

      “Oh. My. God. I totally forgot about that one!! We should do that one!” Nelly yelled!

      “So, let’s put that one on there and send it in! The deadline is tomorrow at 1:25 in the afternoon.”

      “Do you think we even have a chance?” Nelly said nervously.

      “We won’t know unless we try!” I said!

      “‘Unforgetable Madness’ rocks and we have been told that. Think positive and good things will happen.” I said.

      So, we excited-nervously sent them in.