Chapter 2: An Unforgettable Letter

About two weeks later I got a an email… And it said this:

To: JessicaMcNullty97@theemails.com

Date: Friday, April 18th, 2104

Subject: “Unforgettable Madness”

      Hi, this is Samantha Gurbber from Rock-n-Roll Records, and I am writing back to you about the demo tape that you sent in. I just want to say that your band sounds awesome and the vocals that you did were off the charts! I know that you guys write all your own music and I think that “Unforgettable Madness” could really go far in the music industry.

      Anyways, I just wanted to see if you could could meet come in for a meeting to talk about a record deal on Friday, the 25th of March at  o’clock p.m. Please let me know. I am excited to meet you and the band.

Thanks again,

Samantha Gurbber.

PS- If you are under the age of 18 please bring a co-signer. Thank you!

As soon as I read this email I IMMEDIATELY forwarded it to Molly and Nelly and texted them:

(Text message)

Jess: CHECK YOUR EMAIL AS SOON AS POSSIBLE!!! MAJOR NEWS!!!

….About five minutes later I got texts back from the girls:

(Text Messages)

Molly: WHAT???!!!! ROCK-N-ROLL RECORDS LIKED OUR DEMOS?!!! No freaking way!!!!

Nelly: OH MY FREAKING GOD!!! I CAN’T BELIEVE THAT AN ACTUALL RECORD COMPANY IS INTERESTED IN A BAND FROM SUCH A SMALL TOWN!!!! THAT’S INSANE!!!!!

Jess: I know right?!! TO NEW YORK CITY FOR THE MEATING IN ONLY A WEEK!!!! AHHHHH!!!!

      After I sent that email I came bolting down to the kitchen find my mother sitting in the kitchen reading People Magazine and drinking a cup of tea.

      “MOM! You’ll never gues who I got an email from, like a half hour ago!!!”

      “Who?!!” Mom said looking up at me.

      “Rock-n-Roll Records!!!” I screamed!!

      “What?!!” She jumped up and hugged me so tight!!
       “Mom, I can’t breathe!!” I yelled!

      “Oh, sorry honey, I am just so happy for you! I never thought you would go from our garage to stardom in just two weeks!!”

      “I know, me neither!! They want us to go to New York City for a meeting on April 25th. NEXT FRIDAY!!!” I said too excited to contain.

      “Next Friday?!! That is your sister’s 10th birthday… We were going out to dinner…” Mom said sounding upset

      “Can’t we go out to eat in the city? I mean the meeting is at 4 o’clock..”

      “It’s Steph’s birthday, you are going to have to talk her about it. I would be happy to take you to this meeting, but it’s up to your sister.” Mom confirmed.

      “Well, where is she?” I asked

      “In her room…” Mom said, puzzled

      I ran up stairs to my little sister’s room and found her blasting music and doing homework.

      “Hey Stephie!” I said nervously. Even only 10, going on 11, she was extremely mature for her age.

      “Hey, Jessie!” she said smiling.

      “Could I talk to you about something?”
      “Sure,” pausing her music “what’s up?”

      “You know how your birthday is next Friday?” I questioned.

      “Yeah, I can’t wait to go Michael’s Stake House for dinner! It’s going to be awesome!” she said with a smile. Even though it’s not a major birthday for her, my family still takes birthdays very seriously. (Sometimes a little too seriously)

      “And you know how I sent my band’s demos do different record companies?” I said.

      “Yeah, I am so proud of you for doing that. That’s so cool! Imagine if one of them actually wrote back saying that they liked your music. How cool would that be?? I can see the headlines now ‘Unforgettable Madness going on tour this summer!’” She squealed.

      Well, actually that’s what I came to talk to about…” I stuttered.

      “Yeah?” She said.

      “Well this MAJOR record company emailed me saying that they love our demos and that they wanted to meet us to talk about a record deal…” I said, probably being a little too hopeful.

      “WHAT??!!!” she screamed and hugged me.

      “Yeah, thanks… But there is a catch…” I said nervously.

      “Yeah…” she said, wondering what was going on.

      “They want us to meet them in New York City next Friday...” I said.

      “Ohhh… Now, I see” she said.

      “Do you think it would be cool if we didn’t go to Michael’s next Friday have dinner inn the City instead? I know that you were all excited about going o your favorite restaurant an d everything, but this is a HUGE deal for us and if I have the chance to take it, me, Molly, and Nelly would really love to take it… So, what do you say?” I said hopeful.

      “It just one birthday, and I am only turning eleven, meaning it’s not that big of a birthday. And this band means the world to you and the other girls. I would mind missing dinner, on one condition, though…” I said.

      “What?” I said questioning.

      “I get to come to New York City with you.” She has never been to the city before. “Deal!!!” I said smiling. I jumped up and nearly tackled her!

I ran out of her room and went onto twitter.

@JessieMcNullty13: Today, a normal person. Tomorrow a star!!

@PeterDilly23: [reply] What are you talking about??

@JessieMcNullty13: [reply] “Unforgettable Madness” is going to become famous!!!

(Text Messages)

Jess: My little sister and my mom said yes. WE ARE GOING TO NEW YORK CITY!!! (but she is coming to the city with us)

Molly: My mom said yes too!! I can’t believe it, this is all happening so fast!!!

Nelly: Ladies, get ready to hit the big time!!! This is going to be “Unforgettable Madness!!”