Chapter 3

I wake up in a start the images from my nightmare slowly disapating. The first thing I register is that I am tied up and blindfolded. That alone is enough to freak me out. But to add to that I am on my stomach. I begin to try to flip over when a hand lands on my back preventing me. I flinch when the hand makes contact. I begin to struggle even more getting more and more scared and stressed. The one thing running through my mind being, not again dear God not again.

I begin to hyperventilate as I realize that I am trapped no way out for the time being. As I enter full panic mode I hear Ryan say, “This is your punishment you will stay like this for all of today and tommorow.”

I try to calm myself down but with his hand on my back and I can't force my body to stop stressing. He removed his hand and I quickly discover it is much worse not know when he is going to touch me or where he is.

I force myself to focus on something else.  I focus on my clothing. The same clothes I have been wearing since I was take. A pair of skinny jeans and a plain black shirt. They are now both practically falling off of me because of how much weight I've lost. I feel disgusting the most I've been cleaned the entire two years is once when they were throwing a bucket of hot water on the burn marks on my back. My hair is practically matted to my scalp and I stink to high heaven.

I force my mind to focus back on my current situation taking note that my breathing has evened out and I'm no longer shaking as bad. The fact that I know how long this punishment is going to last makes it a thousand time easier to deal with. I just have to make to the end of tommorow. Even though I don't know the time I accept that I can make it through.

I continue to take stock of my body’s current well being. I'm pretty sure my feet are torn to oblivion and there's a constant ache in the back of my neck. I've been through worse. As I lay there I force myself to only think about breathing evenly and trying to stop shaking.

I am so tired and yet I can't bring myself to go to sleep who k ows what will happen in my sleep? And what I'd the nightmares come back I have no idea how Ryan will react to me walking up screaming nor do I want to wake up screaming in the first place.

I wonder not for the first time would I be in this situation if I hadn't been out on the street. When my parents were killed by a drunk driver I went into a deep depression. My grandparents didn't want me because I was a constant reminder their of their dead child. I was put into foster care where I was bounced from house to house noone wanting a depressed teenager. On the day I was taken I had run away from my most recent foster family and taken to the streets. I left the family because their son reminded me to much of my little brother who had been murdered a year before my parents, he was only 10, I was 13 at the time. I am 16 now.

As my thoughts carry me farther and farther away from reality the last thing I hear before my exhaustion takes me away is, “Why do you choose to run away? What are you running towards?”

I wake up to Ryan saying, “You can’t sleep through the whole punishment. WAKE UP!!”

I, still being half asleep, flinch once again and I try to sit up. Once again he places a hand firmly on my back preventing me from moving.. I tense up.

I force myself to ignore the hand on my back and try to stay relaxed. He removed his hand and I begin to let out a breath. The breath gets caught in my throat as he puts his hand on my head. I begin to panic, if he moves his hand just a little he could easily snap my neck.

Then he says, “After your punishment is over you are getting a makeover: hair, makeup, tattoos, the works.”

I stay silent I don't want my hair to be cut, my mother used to always do my hair in awesome designs and my hair is exactly the shade of red brown that hers used to be.

He takes this as an act of disobedience and drops his head to my neck and squeezes not wanting to be hurt I quickly respond with I understand.

Several hours later…

After staying silent for forever and just having his hand resting on my neck Ryan speaks, “Your punishment is over go get in your cage.”

At this point I am still exhausted from everything that has happened so I once again don't argue and crawl over to the cage. Within seconds of me laying down I'm out like a light.