chapter 12- backstory

Two and a half years earlier...
I think about how I got here, it was a normal night when i was taken. I was walking home from a friend's house. It wasn't even that dark out. I was going behind a church like I always did. Unlike usual there was a car. No big deal i thought I'll just give it a wide berth and it'll be fine. It wasn't I was still grabbed I was still knocked out.  And I was still brought to wherever here is.
I am r*ped daily by multiple people. Most of them also beat me. Their careful not to leave scars, they tell me it's so they don't damage the goods. In their eyes I'm less than an animal.
I have been here for by my guess several months.
I've gotten used to it. That's a terrible thing to say but I can just about block the pain out.
The only time I can't is during storms. The first time I was assaulted it was during a thunderstorm. Before thus happened I was terrified of just the sound. Now they make stormy nights my worst nightmare. It's always the worst night.
I know I have no chance of escaping because I've been chained to the same wall since I got here never once being moved.
The best, well you would say worst is they give me a knife when I'm alone. They tell me to give me a chance to free myself. No know could cut through two inch steel so Instead I use it to escape my mind. It may seem cowardly but it gives me peace of mind for a few precious minutes a day.
My thighs are covered but I refuse to do it anywhere else. I will get out one day and I'm not going to announce to the world what I've been through.
End of flashback...

I finish up by memory by telling of how I was eventually rescued at 13 months of my being held. I had lost thirty pounds and u was not who i once was. I knew I had no one to go home to so I went to school and then I wandered the streets . I had been in the streets not even two months before I was taken by your men.
He just stares at me once I've finished. I knew he wasn't going to like my answer. Then he opens his mouth," were you ever assaulted while you were here?"
I nod my head in the first months i was here it was a daily occurrence. I killed two men at different times because I was never going to not fight back. And now I've lost that fight. His grip on my hips tightens to the point of pain. I remain silent. At any sound he could burst.
"I will never do that to you. I will never force myself on you. When we do it it will be because you want it as much as I do."
I look at him deciding how truthful he's being. He looks vulnerable which I was not expecting. He has given me no reason to trust add onto the fact that he was whipping the hell out of my hours earlier and I was not going to believe a word out of his mouth. I don't move a muscle. He releases me altogether and I climb off of him. The clock now says 8. Apparently I talked for longer than I thought.
He gets off the bed and begins moving around the room he gets dressed and then he hands me clothes. I don't look at them until I get into the bathroom. He gave me sweat shorts and a vest tank top. My literal favorite clothes. I don't even begin to question it. I  just get dressed and style my hair somewhat. Meaning I spike it just because I can.
I step out quickly.
He tells me that we are staying in this room all day, then he hands me a book.
I look at him knowing there's a string or four attached.
Then he tells me the string,"If you read you have to be on my lap and you have to read aloud if I ask it."
I just nod my head. I haven't been able to read hardly at all the last two years. He sits down leaning up against the head rest. I carefully climb on his lap trying not to hate myself. I quickly situate myself so I am sitting sideways. I begin reading the prized treasure.
I faintly feel him wrap his arms around me as I disappear into a world of my own.