Chapter 16

I am so surprised I just stand there. He pulls back relatively quickly. He is still holding me by the waist I look down and away I am exremely uncomfortable. Then I decide he allowed me to physically transform into Angel's Devil so he gets to deal with the real me the one that I am not even when my family was around. I can be my true self when I am Angel's Devil. So I push him back. And stand further away from him so I'm comfortable. He just looks at me like I've gone crazy. I give him the same look back.
He shakes his head and asks, "Why Angel's Devil?"
I assume he means why I picked the name. "When my brother was still alive I told him that I was the devil to his angel. He always laughed and told me that couldn't be true but it sounded cool. When he was murdered I needed a way to remember him even in the life he would have never wanted me to have. So I picked the one thing was truly ours. When I joined ADM I explained and the leader at the time cried and told me that he hoped I would eventually come to view the guys as family. So it stuck. Though I was usually called AD."
"AD?"
I shot him a glare only my family can call me that.
"I like Devil better."
I lessened my glare slightly when he said that anythings better than him calling me AD. He walked towards me and I stood my ground getting ready to attack if I need to.
"Another rumor is that you have a soft side. I figure I've already seen some of it. But a little bird told me that you act like an angel when you trust someone and you mother them....I wonder why that is."
I take  a step back my breath getting caught. There's a rat amongst those I trust. If he truly knows why then I know for certain the person was in the top ten of the group.
"Maybe because you lost a baby as a 15 year old."
Tears begin to fall down my face but my stance does not waver. It has to be one of the them they are the only ones who know because when they first met me I had just become pregnant. I say become because I was raped yet again. I lost the baby four months in due to me being starved and beat. There was nothing I could do. It destroyed me more than almost anything before. Yes I've been through a lot of crap don't even begin to judge me.
"Just shows that the man didn't deserve the child. If he didn't do everything possible to insure the baby and you survived he did not deserve to have either."
I look at him in shock. I did not think that would be his thoughts. And even though they are partiarchial its better than it could be.
" And if you don't drop this attitude you will not be dressing as Angel's Devil again."
I think about this and slightly let my stance loosen. He steps closer and I let AD drop completely, becoming the other me that is scared and obedient. He reaches toward me and places his nad on my cheek, wiping away a few stray tears. I just look at him carefully. My eye gets caught on the side of his face. I see a scar there, a smooth line but that was obviously deep. Without thinking I reach up and graze my fingers across it. He just stares at me.
A very lound bell rings and I flinch.
"There's a meeting, I called it this morning to dicuss you and now we have alot more to talk about. Come."
He walks out of the room and I follow very closely behind. I end up tripping over my barefeet and running into his back. He groans and stops. Turning around to face me he just picks me up once again like I'm a young child and starts walking again. We enter a room that is obviously the meeting room. I see that we are one of the first to arrive. Ryan sits at the head of the extremely long table and seats me on his lap. I sit up and look around the room for threats. I am surrounded by the enemy who undoubtedly recognizes me. They would be extreme idiots if they didn't. Everyone enters without incident until one of the last people walk in. I recognize him and my blood boils. It's tenth in command, Josh Grewen. I just about attack him. The only thing that keeps me seated is my knowledge that I am greatly out numbered...and Ryan might have grabbed me as he entered the room. however he can't control my mouth. " Are you fucking kidding me I trusted you, asshole. Does the fact that you betrayed family hurt you?! You are a coward. You are less than scum. YOU know just what I've been through and you give it up to UL! You are dead. DEAD!"
I begin to fight the hold Ryan has on me until Josh speaks, "You have no fucking idea why. You are all about don't judge until you know them and this is how you react?"
"I thought I did know you Josh. Unless you have a damn good reason I have every fucking right to be pissed."
I see his nose twitch and I soften. Its his way almost of a teary eye. I know he has no clue he does it which is why I trust it.
"They had my sister AD. My baby sister."
I completely soften. He often spoke of his younger sister. He always tol dus how much he missed her now that she was married. " You said she was married."
" She is, when she asked me to do it do know that I was extremely against it until she threatened to disappear. You know that would kill me. "
I understand his motives but I am still hurt. I nod and look away. My trust has been destroyed once again. This is why I can't trust anyone this is all that ever happens.
Ryan's hold on me loosens as I lean against him. I hear him begin talking but I pay very minimal attention. If something important comes up I will know but otherwise there's no reason to intensely focus on it. Instead what I think about is Josh. How much of our friendship was because of this? How long did this last? Is anyone else involved? How the hell did I not notice? After a few minutes a ruckus breaks out.
"There's no way she is actually Angel's devil!"
Apparently they are dumber than I thought. I look at Ryan to see how he is going to react to their accusations. He looks at me and discreetly taps his hand. He grabs my hip and moves me so I'm standing between his legs his hands on my waist. I wait for them to kind of pay attention. Then I take off the skin sleeve on my hand. Everyone instantly shuts up. A few look scared, a few look impressed, and a few look at me with a smirk.

Hey guys its me I just wanted to thank you all so much I just reached 190 reads and it means so much to me. Thank you. Have a fantastic life hopefully filled with a good portion of joy!!!!!