Firefall

Chapter 14

Arya’s POV

I see Daren heading towards the door, “Wait! Daren!”

I catch him outside and close the door behind us, “Where you going?”

“I have to get home, my parents will kill me for not coming home last night and you guys looked pretty busy so…”

“Oh okay… Um so are you still coming to the bonfire tonight?”

“I don’t know I don’t really do parties,” the popular jock doesn’t do parties?

“It’s not really a party I mean it’s just you, Steven, three of our friends and me.”

"I’ll think about it okay?”

“Where else are you going to go? Are we not good enough for you Daren? Would you rather be with your “cool” friends?”  I sigh and turn back towards the door.

“Wait Arya!”

He grabs my shoulder, turning me around, a desperate and scared look in his eyes, “I… I’ll come okay? I’ll come.” He smiles and I do too as he walks down the block.

Daren’s POV

“Where have you been?” My dad says calmly from a dining room chair.

Shit. Calm is almost worse than angry, I flinch already knowing I’m dead. He gets up and walks over to me, a wound up belt in his hand.

Crap.

///

I pull my top back over my head, flinching as it goes over the large welts across my chest and the fresh cuts on my shoulders. I test my bedroom door, it’s locked. My dad must have done that on the way out. I look at my messed up sheets and grab a jacket off the floor, good enough.

I slide the window open and jump out and head to the park, if I pull this off without my dad knowing I swear I’ll kiss… Someone.

A/N

Sorry I don't make these a lot, but I just quickly wanted to apologise if the picture is a little too graphic.

xx