Reading Lights

Chapter 15

Daren's POV

Wow, okay this is pretty cool, there’s some screamo music in the background and a small fire surrounded by a few people.

There are two guys talking and laughing while a girl dances on top of a jungle gym and Steven sitting at the fire laughing and shouting things I can’t hear across at Arya who’s throwing marshmallows into the fire

“You need a stick stupid!” Steven yells as I come into earshot, but stay out of sight to watch Arya.

She’s smiling, the biggest smile I’ve ever seen and sadness erupts in me as I realize that the smile is not for me.

She’s so beautiful, even in all black with red converse she looks like a goddess, she catches me staring out from the side of a tree. I can read the joy in her face, even from here.

“Daren?”

I wearily walk forward as the others gather round.

Arya’s POV

He looks so cute when he’s shy, biting his lower lip and staring at the ground, he’s wearing a jock jacket… Probably not the best choice, but anyway. I’ve already explained to the group though so they’ll probably be accepting knowing them.

“Haiiiiiiiii,” Carie rushes up and tackles him breaking the ice and making us all laugh.

“Um hi”, he laughs pulling her off, a bit of red rushes to my cheeks, I’m I jealous? Of Carie? No can’t be. The group starts asking him questions, until Bryan, who hardly says anything speaks up for once.

"Ya know your hair would look great layered, and eyeliner would look awesome with your green/blue eyes,” he leans forward squishing down Daren’s fringe.

“Wow,” I say and everyone turns to me, then to Daren and nod excitedly. Then he says something that shocks us all.

“Do it.”