Finally

Chapter 16

Picture is of Daren after his makeover ;)

Daren’s POV

Why did I let them do it? Maybe it was the way Arya looked at me when Bryan pushed my hair down.

I walk self-consciously out from behind the jungle gym, flattening the newly cut hair, for some reason Bryan carries scissors everywhere and my hair was long enough to be layered pretty well. And he’s good with eye-liner too apparently. He yells at everyone to turn around and face away, looking a little angrily at Steven who took his time, and eventually turned around with a cheeky grin.

“Okay,” he says pulling me forward faster than I was walking, “Turn around.”

“Whoa dayum,” Mitchel says, “dude you could turn me.”

Everyone laughs and Arya stands there, mouth open.

“What’s wrong?”

“Um… I… Come with me,” she pulls me along to a swing set leaving the others to continue their party stuff.

Arya’s POV

His hands are cold, he looks so nervous.

“Listen Daren, I’ve been through a lot of bullshit in my life and I never thought I’d find people who cared. Then I found Steven, after you know… And then you protected him and I was so grateful. I really don’t want you to get the wrong idea here though. This isn’t because of this okay?” She gestures to my hair and I look at her confused.

“What isn’t because of my ha…” He trails off as I lean towards him.

I put my hands on his jaw and gently press his lips to mine. Holy Crap. Hot electricity pulses through me and I lean into him, but he flinches away the second our bodies touch. I pull away, holding back tears. I knew it couldn’t be. I knew it.

“I’m so sorry,” he whispers, arms wrapped around his waist. Something isn’t right.

“Did I do something to hurt you?” I ask softly.

“No I…” He slows looking at me and biting his lip.

He grabs my hips and pulls me in again, he bites my lip and I open mine, letting him in. Suddenly we’re on the floor, me on top of him. I slide my hand up his shirt. “What the…”