ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝟚𝟞 • 𝔽𝕠𝕣 𝕆𝕟𝕔𝕖, 𝔾𝕣𝕖𝕖𝕟 𝔻𝕠𝕖𝕤𝕟'𝕥 𝕄𝕖𝕒𝕟 𝔾𝕠

Once I woke up to the bright lights of the sub shop, I didn't want to move because of the warmth from Jack's body enveloping mine. I let out a deep sigh and without even realizing, I had woken a sleeping Jack.

"Hey,"

"Hey, you. How ya feelin'?"

"Better. Rested."

Despite not wanting to move from the comfortable spot, I sat up straight in my chair and stretched my arms and legs. I stood from the hard, plastic seat and got a good feel for my surroundings. Jack was in the seat next to me, Katlyn had disappeared, and Brielle and Mark were outside, the sight of them visible to me through the giant glass window.

"God, I must've caused such a scene," I immediately felt the embarrassment rush over me like a flood and my head hung low.

"No! No no no! You didn't cause a scene! You were just... distressed,"

"And I ruined the day-"

"No, you didn't," Again, I felt the warm tears start to prickle my eyes and I wiped them away in annoyance. I was so tired of crying but couldn't seem to stop the guilty tears trying to stream down my face.

"Hey," I felt my body be surrounded by the same warmth from before. Jack's arms wrapped around me and he rested his head on top of mine. "You didn't ruin anything. Trust me, it's gonna take a lot more than that to ruin a day spent with you."

My eyes widened and my heart starting racing again, except this time, it was for all the right reasons. But that doesn't mean my head was completely clear and sane.

"With you?" What does that mean? Like does he mean everyone or does he mean JUST me? Does that mean he thinks of me as more than a friend? Or is he just like happy like 'Oh yay! I made a friend haha'? Do I smell sweaty?

Brielle and Mark came walking into the restaurant as Jack's arms unwrapped from around me and Katlyn came out from the bathroom. I moved the piece of hair in my face as I tried to rearrange myself back to normal.

"We checked the street, around the corners, and even asked around... nothing,"

"Did you make sure to describe him with as much detail as possible?"

"Oh yeah. Some of the highlights include 'as pale as the spine of his which I will squeeze,' 'eyes as blue as the ice block I want to beat him with,' and 'hair as black as his face will be if I ever get my hands on him.'" Mark responded while gesturing towards the purple-haired Latina.

She leaned against the table while sipping on the straw of her drink, a look of pure nonchalance in her eyes as Mark described the threatening words she used with the poor, unsuspecting strangers.

"Personally, I don't think I was being specific enough," She said before opening the red paper cup and pouring the ice into her mouth to snack on. A breathy laugh escaped my lips as I shook my head in slight disapproval.

God, what am I going to do with her?

*****

"So, where to now?"

"We were thinking just go home, binge some movies, make tons of popcorn... What do you say?"

I sat in between Jack and Katlyn in the backseat of the rental car as Mark and Brielle sat in front, the former driving and the latter giving him directions. I agreed with the plans the group had presented but couldn't help but wonder about the two friends sitting in front.

Mark knows the way back to the house... and earlier, Brielle offered to sit with me in the back because of what happened earlier... Jack and Katlyn were totally fine with the chance to sit in the front and have a say over the radio too.